Getting the VCP6-NV ?

Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok so I am hoping to get my CCNA in 2-3 months and I saw that was one of the preq until Jan 31, 2016 to take this VCP6-NV exam unless I want to take their crazy expensive class. I have no vmware experience other than messing with some VM on occasion, realistically how long would it take for me to study for this exam?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It depends on your networking background but I would say maybe a few months just to add the virtualization aspect to your skillset as it relates to network virtualization in VMware stack. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hammer80 wrote: »
    Ok so I am hoping to get my CCNA in 2-3 months and I saw that was one of the preq until Jan 31, 2016 to take this VCP6-NV exam unless I want to take their crazy expensive class. I have no vmware experience other than messing with some VM on occasion, realistically how long would it take for me to study for this exam?

Gonna assume you've never taken any other training class.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope, never took a class on it. Would 3 months a about 2 hours a day be realistic for someone with no experience in vmware?
  • Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Realistically, you'll need to learn about vSphere networking first, then about NSX.

It's difficult to put a time against, we all learn differently!
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com