Options

Module Weighting on the CISSP

GenrericSecurityGuyGenrericSecurityGuy Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just curious, is there a document out there that shows the particular weighting of each module for the CISSP? I can't imagine the test covering all 10 domains equally. I'm asking because I'd like to know which module to focus on more than others. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Sheiko37Sheiko37 Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're serious you'll study all domains equally.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ this. People here have come will all kinds of theories of which domains are "more important" than others. I really don't like this approach. Some questions are very convoluted and may cover things from several domains. Who know which one is the "correct" domain for that question. I rather err on the side of caution and assume they are all important.
  • Options
    Of course, you want to study and know them all backwards and forwards... Let's be realistic. If there's a module that has more questions or is graded heavier on the exam, then obviously you'd want to study that module just a little more than one that isn't quite as important.

If you have a limited amount of time between now and the exam, and you want to maximize your opportunity to pass the exam, what content would you focus on over another in order to pass.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Well, I would focus on those domains where my confidence level is low.
  • Options
    *sigh*
    So, there's nowhere posted on how the test is weighted. Just study.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Paging b/eads :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    *sigh*
    So, there's nowhere posted on how the test is weighted. Just study.

No that information is not public. What you can find though in the isc2.org website is that % by domain. However you should not be using that as your only decision making process of what to study. You might end up with 5 questions from the network security domain and each can weight 20 points but you might get 1 question on compliance and regulations that weights 40 points alone. So really it has been preached many times over on this site that for the CISSP you do need to know the various material at least on the concept level.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    The questions are completely randomized. You could get a majority of access control on one exam and then see a majority of Networking and Telecommunications on the next. Do yourself a favor and learn the material, not just to pass the exam, but to increase your knowledge and ability as a security professional. After all, the point of "certifying" is to increase one's knowledge. Right?
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon