Options

What can you bring to CCNA exam?

k31453k31453 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys for official CCNA exam, can you bring notes or something>?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You can't bring anything. They'll give you a dry erase marker and some sort of sheet to write on. So only what's in your brain.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Theoretically you could bring your notes in the car and look before you go in, but once you walk into the building you will have to empty your pockets and what not and can only take in the board they give you.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No Watch, shoes, sunglasses etc. I thought for a minute they were going to make me take of my shoes ;).
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    alias454 wrote: »
    No Watch, shoes, sunglasses etc. I thought for a minute they were going to make me take of my shoes ;).

I wear my watch in just fine. They never ask me to remove it. It's an analog watch though, no computer or anything built into it.

Leave your cell phone in the car along with everything else. Just bring in your photo ID and car keys.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought taking the watch was odd they made me leave it with my other stuff.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    alias454 wrote: »
    I thought taking the watch was odd they made me leave it with my other stuff.

Na I've been to places that do that. Even if it was electronic who would want an alarm going off accidentally for example.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I usual bring ear plugs and go commando. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Na I've been to places that do that. Even if it was electronic who would want an alarm going off accidentally for example.

They think you'll have time to be dick tracy and phone a friend...
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I believe I had to remove my watch last exam I took.

Basically if it is not fabric clothing, you can't take it in with you. I normally leave everything except my IDs and keys in the car or at home so I don't have to worry about them in the testing center.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    Just bring in your photo ID and car keys.

I needed to show 2 types of ID. So I used my Drivers Licence and Social Security Card. I think it officially says 2 government issued forms of ID with signatures.
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nothing other than 2 government ID's. One with a picture of you and both must not be expired.

At the testing center I went to, they had a locker to put my cellphone and raincoat in.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I sent someone to take the exam for me and he said he was not allowed to use notes.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    I sent someone to take the exam for me and he said he was not allowed to use notes.
    What? You paid someone to sit an exam for you..?
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    xnx wrote: »

WHooooosh. I think he was joking icon_wink.gif

e37.png
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sarcasm can go straight over my head on the internet..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Theoretically you could bring your notes in the car and look before you go in...

I've done this (quick review in the car before going inside).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    I wear my watch in just fine. They never ask me to remove it. It's an analog watch though, no computer or anything built into it.

Leave your cell phone in the car along with everything else. Just bring in your photo ID and car keys.

You can bring your cell phone, etc...You will just can't take them into the test room. Smaller places will just have you leave them with the secretary (she'll just stick it in a desk drawer until you leave), but my local community college has lockers for you to leave your stuff in. The community college doesn't allow watches (I had a smart watch, but there sign says no watches whatsoever) or even some types of jewelry.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xnx wrote: »

I would use a **** before paying someone to take an exam for me LOL.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Bring 2 forms of ID and then they will make you put your coat, wallet, keys, watch, etc in a locker which you lock and you keep the key until the end of the exam.

You will get a (depending on testing center) wet erase marker and a note pad which there are spare pages in the testing room. (some do dry erase, ours out here are wet erase and you just keep getting pages).

My 2 forms of ID is always drivers license and a credit card with my name on it.