Options

Any IT jobs that have a work schedule that are 4 x 10 or 3 x 12?

Bchen2Bchen2 Banned Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
2nd shift
Monday thru thrusday
3pm to 12am

3rd shift
Monday thru thrusday
10pm to 730am

Monday thru wesnesday
11pm to 11am

Something similiar like this?

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I worked 4x10s during my NOC days. I worked all three shifts.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most 24/7 support places are going to have fairly flexible scheduling as long as they can still meet coverage requirements. At least that's been my experience. I work in a NOC now and I can choose which days I work. I used to work at an enterprise storage company and they also offered 4x10s (I wasn't interested in them at the time). Before that, I did Internet Help Desk work and I worked 4x10s there.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I work a normal 5 day but we have an outsourced alert monitoring service that works 12 hr shifts for 24/7 coverage.
  • Options
    ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to work in a NOC and my shift 3x12, 3 off, 2x12, 2 off and repeat...
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, seems like NOC is the common shift that does this. I'd be fine with 4 10s or even 3 12s, but the last NOC I talked to they wanted me 3 months on days, 3 months on graveyard, etc. No thanks.
  • Options
    LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazon does 4x10 for their IT staff, at least when I was doing interviews with them.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My last job in a NOC was 3x12's. Myself and the other night guy coordinated so we would work 6x12s instead. 6 nights (7pm-7am) start getting difficult, but you then get nearly a full week off, so it was worth it, I think.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do 4x10 currently, like it a lot with my BSc ongoing.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I work service desk and we kind of rotate between four ten hour shift weeks, and weeks with one 12 hour shift, two 10, and one 8 hour shift. We work 12 hour shifts on the weekend.

Its nice having three days off..
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685