Options

Best CCNA resources

Markioa1983Markioa1983 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I was just wondering what resources you would recommend for the CCNA, feel free to list free and paid ones?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    DeyColeDeyCole Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend Wendall Odom CCENT/CCNA ICND1 & ICND2, the full Network simulator, and CBT nuggets video series (Jeremy Cioara).

Odom is very detailed and explains concepts in succession. Jeremy explains concepts in a big-picture type fashion and is very motivated. I think they're both excellent.

Some say the full network simulator is excessive, but I found it to be excellent. It goes beyond the scope of the CCENT, which is helpful if your overall goal is to be a network admin or engineer.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson practice exams are very helpful but kind of expensive. I use the separate ICND1-2 but maybe the CCNA combined will suffice.

After reading Odom and Lammle, I'd suggest the latter. They are written very differently, Lammle did a much better job at explaining and keeping me engaged, plus there's labs throughout. Odom's was very dry and boring with no labbing. If you can sample each I'd definitely do that and see which one piques your interest.

If you do Lammle's labs, the pearson net sim is excessive to pass the test but it can be very helpful in practice.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Odom's book doesn't have any labs but the Pearson CCNA Simulator has labs and they were built by Odom. They go right along with the material from the book. Those labs also go far and beyond what Lammle offers.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    For my NA it was the OCG's and CBT Nuggets plus a home lab. That worked for me.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus