Options

New exam: CCNA Security 210-260

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Browsing through Barnes and Noble Today and found this OCG in Barnes and Noble. Funny enough I couldn't find it on Amazon, and it's not announced on Cisco's website yet. That's definitely a first.
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up.

CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide (to be published in mid CY 2015) ISBN: 9781587205668 (mid 2015)
    I can not find any other info on it
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm interesting, isn't it already mid 2015 though? Wonder what's taking so long
  • Options
    mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
    maybe they will take CCP and other GUIs that aren't used in real life off of the exam.. concentrate on the CLI.
  • Options
    CheebahawkCheebahawk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mackenzae wrote: »
    maybe they will take CCP and other GUIs that aren't used in real life off of the exam.. concentrate on the CLI.

That has me pondering as to whether I should push to take the exam now, or wait and see what's on the new curriculum. I'm just about at that point where I will be ready to sit for the exam in a few weeks.

Hmmmm... icon_study.gif
    2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cheebahawk wrote: »
    That has me pondering as to whether I should push to take the exam now, or wait and see what's on the new curriculum. I'm just about at that point where I will be ready to sit for the exam in a few weeks.

Hmmmm... icon_study.gif

I would be surprised if the test comes in the next few weeks and also you would have to worry about finding training material for the test even when it does. I would just continue on your path and take the current one soon.
  • Options
    I will be at the Boson CCNA Security boot camp in October and very curious about this now. As soon as I can get my hands on the new book I will but I searched online and no one has it yet.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    About time I'd say
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Sure enough, just picked up this from my local Barnes & Noble. And guess what, there's like 1/10th of the amount of CCP in here compared to the 640-554 book.

Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Sure enough, just picked up this from my local Barnes & Noble. And guess what, there's like 1/10th of the amount of CCP in here compared to the 640-554 book.

What was the price on it?
  • Options
    Hondabuff, it was $49.99 retail, and I used my B&N membership to get a discount on it.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    lol nice find! How often does a book for an exam come out before the actual exam is even announced?
  • Options
    lol nice find! How often does a book for an exam come out before the actual exam is even announced?

With Cisco? Probably a better chance of hell freezing over. I think the first CCNP:S book just came out and the CCNP:S was refreshed last year I believe.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes I'm happy for all those not having to endure it. No one uses CCP lol
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Now the big question will be when Cisco announces the last day to test for the old exam.
  • Options

Well i know I'm waiting for the new exam.. might as well just focus purely on CCIE. Who knows.. I might get that finished before Cisco even announces new ccna:s exam.. takes them years to do anything.
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Yes I'm happy for all those not having to endure it. No one uses CCP lol

Any ideas whether CCP is going to be in the new exam?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    bharvey92 wrote: »

Well according to the new book "there's like 1/10th of the amount of CCP in here compared to the 640-554 book" icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bharvey92 wrote: »

If people are interested I can do a comparison of CCP from the index of the two books, as well as post the 210-260 Exam Syllabus from the book. If so I'll make a thread.
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If people are interested I can do a comparison of CCP from the index of the two books, as well as post the 210-260 Exam Syllabus from the book. If so I'll make a thread.

That'd be very helpful!
    Working On: eCPPT
  • Options
    How were you able to purchase this book so early? Did they put it on the shelf early by mistake? Could you purchase me a copy and send it to me if I pay you for it haha jk.
  • Options
    The Cisco Black Market?
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think there is a huge mistake on the part of B&N, this doesn't even show up on CISCO's own ciscopress website.. could you please post the ISBN. Normally if a book is about to be published even 6 months out Amazon has it as a pre-order, the only new CISCO book I see is the CCNA Collaboration CICD 210-060 which comes out September 3rd.
  • Options
    isbn: 9781587205668
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I called my B&N and they didn't have one in stock but said they could order one for me. Strange how B&N seems to have stockpiles of these but no one else does :D
  • Options
    I wonder if anyone's caught on yet.. When you do a google search for 210-260 it only brings up this thread and one on Reddit. Hopefully Cisco doesn't have web crawlers out there and come down on B&N lol
  • Options
    mackenzae wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone's caught on yet.. When you do a google search for 210-260 it only brings up this thread and one on Reddit. Hopefully Cisco doesn't have web crawlers out there and come down on B&N lol

lol, yea this page and the author's own page. Either way I doubt Cisco wanted this book released already and someone screwed up.
  • Options
    A screwup on their part but this is good for the IT community as a whole. At least we know whether to test for the old exam or the new before it is "released". Plus we get to know what is on the new exam. Please post exam objectives for new CCNA Security exam if possible.
  • Options
    A screwup on their part but this is good for the IT community as a whole. At least we know whether to test for the old exam or the new before it is "released". Plus we get to know what is on the new exam. Please post exam objectives for new CCNA Security exam if possible.

I did. Check the thread in this forum.
  • Options
    I've check two Barnes and Noble in Pittsburgh to no avail. I'm pretty sure this might have been a store by store screw up - meaning not all stores made the mistake.