Options

OSPF for the ccent exam.

satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
Is this all I need to know for the ccent exam in relation to ospf ?

1.basic configuration
2.router-id (in the syllabus)
3.passive interface (in the syllabus)

what about priority , cost ,redistribute command etc ?

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Go by the blueprint. Knowing more is beneficial but always go by the blueprint. It's been years since I did CCENT so I couldn't be more helpful, plus there is the NDA.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about redistribution for the CCENT exam. Priority and cost are in the realm of the blueprint so you should know them.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I would recommend looking at the blueprint too however some other things that come to mind are; wildcard masks (not ospf specific but a useful thing to know), SHOW COMMANDS (super important, know these and love them!), basic configuration too (how to add networks and areas etc).
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You really should know hello and dead default values and what happens when they don't match. AD and cost are also good to know but I think more ICND2.

Show commands or learn to use ? it's available. Honestly I wouldn't be too worried about the simulations. As long as you can answer the multiple choice quickly you should have plenty of time to solve the simulations. About 35 of my 60 minutes of the ICND1 was spent on simulations typing on a loud keyboard, the other testers were getting irritated.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)