Options

Oh...jobs..:(

doobudoobu Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got my results on vacation. Passed the CISA exam! Now I realize I have to job hunt and I'm about to throw up. Looks like I'll have to make a move to find any real opportunities, yet my wife just got a big promotion in her own career.

I've passed this exam, and it was tough but doable, and so now I'm wondering does anyone have any track/path ideas on how to get the necessary experience? I guess I'm starting from zero when looking for jobs. My degree and 2 years HIPAA training should provide most of the requirements.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats ..

You don't need to have IT Audit experience to be CISA Certified, if you are in doubt send an e-mail to ISACA explaining your experience and how it relates to the Job practice areas and see if they will approve it.

I did that on Saturday, waiting for a response.

I am in the same boat as you are, I have a good but dead end job, so I can stay here until I retire in 30 years, or take my chances and start looking for a career in a different job area.
  • Options
    doobudoobu Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    Congrats ..

You don't need to have IT Audit experience to be CISA Certified, if you are in doubt send an e-mail to ISACA explaining your experience and how it relates to the Job practice areas and see if they will approve it.

I did that on Saturday, waiting for a response.

I am in the same boat as you are, I have a good but dead end job, so I can stay here until I retire in 30 years, or take my chances and start looking for a career in a different job area.

That's exactly my position. I find myself training myself on Security + simply because I'm bored and have maxed anything else I can learn. The IT knowledge I have they abuse the living **** out of and over use me whenever they can find time. They say it's a "perk" that I can learn server software, active directories, user management, etc. on my own.

I've been here two years now working in healthcare and I have a degree in accounting, so that should knock off a bit of the requirements...