Options

Passed 802

sysadmin101sysadmin101 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 802 today. I got 770. I can not believe it.

Comments

• Options
    f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    Good job on pass! Have you already taken the 801?
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    GreaT Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    f16jetman wrote: »
    Good job on pass! Have you already taken the 801?

Yes i took 801 in March this year.
  • Options
    Thank you all.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    zairszairs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Big congrats on your Pass!!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    jeefjeef Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass! What are you planning on doing next?
  • Options
    thank you
    debating between Network + and CCNA
  • Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you
    debating between Network + and CCNA

You're welcome. Nice! Be sure to let us know how it goes icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not both?
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    byron66 wrote: »
    Why not both?

CCNA would make N+ irrelevant.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    xD Lucas wrote: »
    CCNA would make N+ irrelevant.

I was leaning towards N+.
    Network + do i have to 2 exams before i get cert?
  • Options
    superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sysadmin101,

Congrats!!

No, Network+ is only one exam. From what I've heard, it is simpler than A+
  • Options
    superbeast wrote: »
    Hi Sysadmin101,

Congrats!!

No, Network+ is only one exam. From what I've heard, it is simpler than A+

My husband said i should do security + because i had started studying then stopped and did A+
  • Options
    f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    I would go for Network+ before Security+. In my experience the Sec+ plus expects you to know things that are taught and covered in Net+. :)
    I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • Options
    SibrahimSibrahim Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, Anyone took exam JK0-802 recently?
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the A+ 802 exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    Thank you. Okay i am not studying for Network + while looking for a job.
  • Options
    thisissohardthisissohard Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    m00ndoggm00ndogg Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    f16jetman wrote: »
    I would go for Network+ before Security+. In my experience the Sec+ plus expects you to know things that are taught and covered in Net+. :)

I agree!

As someone who is doing it all backwards (just passed Sec+ friday and missed CCENT/ICND1 by a couple of points last month)
    I wish I would have done Net+ 1st!

I thought that my experience would put me ahead, but nothing beats studying when it comes to these tests.

I will re-take my CCNA after Net+
    Smooth sailing!
    ~~~ _/) ~~~~

"...it's not my boat, it's my boss' boat..." (Capt. Ron)
  • Options
    Okay you all convinced me to take Net + first.
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the 220-802 exam. Now you are officially CompTIA A+ Certified. Nicely done. I agree with the others when they say to go for the Network+ before Security+. Good luck. I just passed the Network+ exam today. Glad to have gotten that out of the way. Next up for me is probably going to be the Linux+ and then the Security+. However, that depends on what happens in the next couple of days if I get hired at a company that requires the Linux+. If not, I will go for the Security+ first and then the Linux+. We'll see. Anyway, congrats on the pass. Good luck to you on the Network+ studies. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    muktamukta Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow. Really this is great NEWS
  • Options
    hardquesthardquest Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone!
    Now i'm studying for 801-802! Hopefully will pass it just after new year! What do you think about getting job in help desk after passing this exam? Will it be easy or not? I had previous experience being IT technician, but it was quite a few years ago!

Cheers!
  • Options
    DonderoDondero Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your passing!!! I took it today and failed.. UGH Does anyone know how many days before taking again? What did you guys use for any study guides I am going through ITU right now, and some books.. Does anyone have any suggestions what to study more and what has a better simulation as what's on the test? Thanks
  • Options
    SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    hardquest wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    Now i'm studying for 801-802! Hopefully will pass it just after new year! What do you think about getting job in help desk after passing this exam? Will it be easy or not? I had previous experience being IT technician, but it was quite a few years ago!

With your previous experience I think you could definitely get an entry level help desk position. If you find trouble, try to get Network+ as well.
    Dondero wrote: »
    Congrats on your passing!!! I took it today and failed.. UGH Does anyone know how many days before taking again? What did you guys use for any study guides I am going through ITU right now, and some books.. Does anyone have any suggestions what to study more and what has a better simulation as what's on the test? Thanks

If this is your first time failing, you can take it the next day. However don't do this! Wait at least a week to restudy the material that you got wrong in the score report. If you fail twice you have to wait 14 days before taking it again.

I used Exam Cram by David L Prowse, ProfessorMesser.com videos, LabSim/TestOut, and various practice tests on the web.

Unfortunately you can't really prepare for the simulations directly, although TestOut helped a bit with this.
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}