Options

Big Changes in CCNA Security Requirements?

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
As noted in the other thread, I picked up the new CCNA Security 210-260 book, and it appears that Cisco is bringing back the requirement to have your CCNA R&S first. Even though that means more work and money for me, I am sort of glad they reinstated that because I think the requisite material should be known before specializing, plus it will actually help me to know it beforehand. I also hope in exchange they lower the required passing score on the CCNA Security exam.

A0FhV59h.jpg
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am curious as to the motivation behind this. I agree with you though, I think that the R&S provides a very good base to build off of. I have not had a chance take the current NA:S exam, though it is on my radar.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it makes sense as it builds on the basic Cisco foundation of routing/switching. That's the order I did my certs in: CCENT, CCNA, and then CCNA:Security . ;)

I think doing the security specialization without prior knowledge/experience would make it much harder.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, that's interesting. I don't even see that book listed on Cisco Press.

I was about to buy the CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide. Should I wait until the new book is released?

Edit* I'm going to check out a Barnes & Noble after work to see if it's there.
    Working On: eCPPT