Options

Job scene/QOL in Dallas,forth worth area.

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys!
i have been contemplating a possible relocation to the Dallas metroplex area. I would like some input from residents as to the IT scene like, and the overall quality of life like in that area. All inputs would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Hey guys!
    i have been contemplating a possible relocation to the Dallas metroplex area. I would like some input from residents as to the IT scene like, and the overall quality of life like in that area. All inputs would be appreciated.

Word on the street is traffic is crazy there.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    From my research and also previous threads here, the IT scene in the DFW area is one of the hottest in the US, especially for security.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can speak to the DFW Metroplex scene. The IT/InfoSec market is straight up hot. There are tons of job opening up all over DFW. More are coming in with Toyota and other large groups relocating here. That is why I moved here. I live in McKinney which is the burbs and work in Carrollton which is the burbs and it takes me 20 min or so to get to where I work. Very little traffic until you get closer to the downtown areas. On the outskirts where a lot of the work is going almost no traffic. I got a 4k sq ft home for 350K and it was custom built brand new. Housing prices are rising and apartments are going up everywhere to accommodate people moving in. My wife and I will never leave this area we love it so much. That is saying a lot since we have lived all over the US. When you have tons of work and a cheap cost of living you take it. No state taxes, no food or med taxes and awesome schools for the kids. Some of the public schools in my area think Prosper, McKinney, Frisco, Allen and Plano are top rated in the United States. My kiddo goes to a brand new school that is so teched out I about fell over. She went to K last year and by the end of the year they had her reading at a 3rd grade level and doing math at a 2nd grade level. Unbelievably good and this is the story for most of the schools. Teachers are highly paid in most instances so you get a lot better teachers than in some schools.
  • Options
    Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are the salaries pretty competitive?