Options

A+ Boot Camps

tsimmnstsimmns Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone been to one? Trying to get this certification quickly to put on resume to begin the career change. Have googled some and the camps look interesting. I currently have a job that pays around 50 a year, just looking for something different. Paying for it shouldn't be an issue, just wanting opinions on ones to look into and also ones to avoid.

Comments

• Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boot Camps are only recommended for folks which already know most of the material, they are not for folks which are completely green as there is too much info in too little of time and even if you absorb it, it will gone from your head in less than a week. They are also insanely expensive to the tune of around 2-3k, for an A+ this is a horrible ROI.

If you make around 50k a year than I assume you won't be able to take a 20-25k hit on your salary. An A+ is a nice intro but it will get you $15 an hour job at best. The idea of Boot Camps is mainly as a refresher for folks that need to recertify. My recommendation would be something like Network+ or try one of the Microsoft Certification and figure out what interest you in IT. There are a lot of choices like networking, servers, virtualization, database, software development.