Options

802 confusions for a noob

KeeksKeeks Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am so happy I found this site. I am a complete IT noob and somehow managed to pass the 801 after 11 weeks of studying. I've never had any formal IT Tech experience so this has been difficult. Now I am stressing about taking the 802 on Friday. My issues..

I am using 3 different resources and all of them have different command prompt switches listed. Professor Messer for example doesn't have all the switches UCertify contains, or LabSim (my school resources). I know the basics and everything on the Objective sheet but the Objective sheet doesn't even list any switches!

For mobile devices, do I need to memorize all the port numbers specific to configuring email to the specific program? Like Thunderbird, Exchange, Gmail, etc. since I notice they all use different TLS and SSL port numbers.

Some of my resources list information about Windows 2000 but I didn't think 2000 was on the test. Is it???? It's not on the objectives!?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all the different types of permissions/attributes. I am confusing the two and then there are shared permissions and user groups. I am mixing all of them together and it's confusing me.

I've been studying for 9 weeks and have been finalizing things by using the Objectives sheet. If anyone has any advice for someone as new as myself, I would really appreciate it! I'm pulling my hair out! Sorry for this being so long!

Comments

• Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Keeks! Great job on passing the 801! You can do this. Prepare yourself and be confident and you can nail the 802. Some of your specific questions though:

Email port numbers are not specific to the email client (Thunderbird, Outlook etc). I would suggest knowing the basic ports for incoming and outgoing mail servers. Maybe check out Messer's video on this part of the objectives.

Good news! You’re right. Windows 2000 is no longer part of the objectives. :)

Do you have the resources to put together a small lab with maybe two or three computers and network them to get a better grasp on the permissions and attributes? That would probably be best.
  • Options
    Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, I do not icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    You're very welcome. Hey no worries! If you don't have a few computers to make a small lab that's okay. You could get creative. Maybe invite a couple friends over for pizza in exchange for them letting you use their computers for a few hours. :)
  • Options
    I passed!!!! EEKS! I am SO excited!!!!
  • Options
    KongorKongor Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, was command-line a significant part of your 802?
  • Options
    Thank you!

(removed comments regarding exam)
  • Options
    Awesome! Congrats and great work Keeks!
  • Options
    Thank you!!! :D:D