Options

what's bachelors level experience?

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
when a company post something like this:Minimum of B.A/B.S in Computer Science/ Information Systems or commensurate experience. how much experience or cert equivalent are we talking here?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think there is some hard fast industry rule. Depends who's looking at your resume I suppose.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, pretty sure it depends on the position and what type of experience you had as well :)
  • Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just repeating as others have said--but if you meet the other requirements and can perform the duties listed in the job posting then I'd just ignore that part and apply since it's ambiguous.

Good Luck!
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What soccarplayer29 said. With <1 year of experience I've had phone interviews for positions looking for 10+ years but the duties were mid-level at most. I didn't get the positions because I'm a below average interviewer but a lot of places put that just to put it. Granted some companies have a strict rule on years of experience, usually smaller companies in my experience.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think there is some hard fast industry rule. Depends who's looking at your resume I suppose.

Definitely. I've had some places say one year of related experience equals one year of schooling, and I've had other places say that one year of experience equates more than one year of schooling. Just depends on the company, hiring manager, etc.
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!