Options

Proper study time/material for ccent

Trite & TrueTrite & True Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello! I've recently completed my network+(today actually) and am moving onto ccent to study next! I currently have Wendall odoms ccna/ccent 100-101 book with lab/practice exam and plan on getting boson about mid way through to cement knowledge I've learned. Are those 2 things enough to go off of and pass the ccent or should I invest elsewhere (for the boson I mean, the book is actually our book for a networking class in the upcoming semester, go figure haha) also, would this be something I could do withing say, 2 months considering I just went through network+? Thanks for any and all answers in advance!

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes that's enough material and yes it can be done in 2 months. Which Boson are you talking about though? The NetSIM or the Practice Exams?
  • Options
    I was leaning towards the ex Sim (practice tests) over the netsim, but I'm up to any suggestions on either way to go
  • Options
    I'd go with the practice exams if you already have the labs from the Odom book.
  • Options
    Is the ccent lite software (that comes with odoms book) enough lab experience or do I need another source?
  • Options
    The lite only includes some of the labs. I would get the full version. It's expensive but well worth it.
  • Options
    If I bought the full version, would the labs be sufficient for the ccna test as well or would I need something else (Lab wise) for the 200-101 test?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to be sure of things before I make purchases haha
  • Options
    If I bought the full version, would the labs be sufficient for the ccna test as well or would I need something else (Lab wise) for the 200-101 test?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to be sure of things before I make purchases haha

No. The full version of the labs go far and beyond what the test tests you on. So you should be all set.
  • Options
    Alright then! My full study materials will be as follows: Wendell odoms ccent/ccna icdn1 101-100, boson ex-Sim max (practice tests) and the full version of odoms lab software!

Hopefully I'll be down pact for this test! Which, I hope, will be in about 2 months. Then onto ccna!