Options

ITT Tech

ebkrantzebkrantz Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Will credits from ITT Tech trasnfer anywhere? I would like to finish up my B.S. degree and I am looking for a school in TN or KY to acept ITT Tech credits.

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I'm not sure on that one. Perhaps you should contact the schools that you are interested in transferring to and ask. They should have a list of schools that they take credits from. You could also talk to someone at ITT Tech. If they don't know then I'd be worried.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Will A Student's Credits Transfer?
    Decisions concerning the acceptance of ITT Technical Institute credits by any institution other than an ITT Technical Institute are made at the sole discretion of the receiving institution. ITT Technical Institute makes no representation whatsoever concerning the transferability of any ITT Technical Institute credits to any institution other than an ITT Technical Institute. It is unlikely that any credits earned at an ITT Technical Institute will be transferable to or accepted by any institution other than an ITT Technical Institute.

Students considering continuing their education at, or transferring to, any institution other than ITT Technical Institute must not assume that credits earned at ITT Technical Institute will be accepted by the receiving institution. An institution's accreditation does not guarantee that credits earned at that institution will be accepted for transfer by the other institution. Students must contact the registrar of the receiving institution to determine what ITT Technical Institute credits, if any, that institution will accept.

Google is an amazing thing.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man that sucks.
  • Options
    rarossraross Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is just like any other community college.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    raross wrote:

No it isn't. I did my first two years at a community college and transferred to a 4 year university and finished my degree with no problems transferring the credits.

In fact, community college is a good option for students that do not have enough money to attend the 4 year universities at first.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    TeKniques wrote:
    raross wrote:

No it isn't. I did my first two years at a community college and transferred to a 4 year university and finished my degree with no problems transferring the credits.

In fact, community college is a good option for students that do not have enough money to attend the 4 year universities at first.

I agree that a community college may be a good option for people.

HOwever, there is no guarantee that those credits will transfer anywhere...even if they tell you that they will.

It's always been a good practice, and still is (IMO) to discuss your plans with both schools to see what will and what may not transfer. You may even want that in writing because after 2 years....things could change and you're stuck taking classes over at the new school.

Baker College comes to mind as one where some kids of friends of ours didn't credits would not transfer. They found out AFTER 2 years of classes thinking they'd save some money.

Some schools compliment each other, Others will not! best to check each one out separately

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    raross wrote:
    A great example of what myself and many others on this forum have realized as another unreferenced, obtuse remark made completely out of context.

Community colleges do offer Oral and Interpersonal communications classes, perhaps one could benefit from those…
  • Options
    rarossraross Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you think community college credits will transfer ANYWHERE you are out of your mind. Most CC's have one college which they try to model their programs after, and "some" of the credits will transfer depending on the dean of the entire uni program. There is not a lot of CC's that transfer "major" credits either, most CC's have a basic program where you can take all the credits that actually do transfer, which is all the bullshit english etc classes, depending on your major ofcourse.

However, you would be better off going to a four year school because of the education level most community colleges offer. From what a lot of people have seen, the teachers at community colleges usually also teach at their local highschool and we all know how bad american highschool is :).
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most Gen Ed credits wil transfer fine from ITT Tech.

the technology and Network classes may only transfer to colleges that networking, electronics, programming, etc classes.

Traditional colleges usually do not have classes in the above subjects.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller