Ine

White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
I've had my CCENT for some time now and have been preparing for ICND2 with Boson and the Todd Lammle books. I've taken ICND 2 twice now and failed with my last score being 795. I score 100% on all 3 boson exams so I need something better then Boson as I feel it has only prepared for me for roughly 70% of the exam.

What is everyones opinion/ review on INE when it comes to their CCNA bundle?

Does anyone have any other recommended resources for ICND 2?
"The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."

Comments

• SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are your trouble areas?
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    What are your trouble areas?

OSPF troubleshooting. I know the areas, router ID, and hello and dead timers need to match but the questions in the exam are different. Netflow is also an area I lack in. INE themselves has said that netflow is a common topic a lot of people get blindsided by in the exam when Cisco does not make it clear whether or not you need to know how to configure netflow. The last area I lack in is detailed protocol knowledge such as knowing if RSTP is compatible with 802.1d STP.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I've only ever seen INE's material for the CCIE. Otherwise CBT Nuggets and the Lammle book were to good back when I did my CCNA.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would highly recommend CBTNuggets. They are very thorough, and will cover quite a bit of the basics in depth. OSPF troubleshooting is pretty much limited to neighbor relationships on on broadcast networks, and NBMA networks, specifically frame relay for NBMA. What kinds of questions have you run into that stumped you when it comes to OSPF?
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have not used INE for CCNA but if their CCNP material is any indicator of their CCNA material - I highly recommend them. CBT Nuggets is another great choice. Chris Bryant on Udemy is also a good choice.
  • digitheadsdigitheads Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    get the official incd2 study guide, it comes with a CD that has a very extensive practice exam
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    james43026 wrote: »
    I would highly recommend CBTNuggets. They are very thorough, and will cover quite a bit of the basics in depth. OSPF troubleshooting is pretty much limited to neighbor relationships on on broadcast networks, and NBMA networks, specifically frame relay for NBMA. What kinds of questions have you run into that stumped you when it comes to OSPF?

I cant recall exactly what the question was on the exam but I believe it was regarding the DR and BDR. I learn best by using sims such as Boson as I can select what I might think the answer is and if its wrong then I can find out why in the explanation. Just wish there was another sim like Boson as i'm not fond of watching videos.