Options

Todd Lammle's Book

NansNans Member Posts: 160
Hello Networkers,

I am going through this wierd feeling now. I completed reading Todd Lammle's book and now practicing few test here and there. I some times see questions which Todd has not even mentioned about in the book.

My question is is that book sufficient for all the concepts that official exam covers. I also bought Boson practice tests for 200-120 and will start practicing soon. Please let me know your suggestions about the book

Personal feeling: After 15th chapter his book's contain errors that confuse some times and must be vigilant enough to recognize.

any suggestions would be appreciated

regards
2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []

Comments

• Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are many sources you could use and you don't really need only one book. The cisco press books are probably the best out there but they are heavily detailed. Also getting a really good video set is a great idea. Udemy.com has affordable options and a lot to choose from. Check online for udemy coupon codes. Also there is a ton of free resources on youtube
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    Udemy.com has affordable options and a lot to choose from. Check online for udemy coupon codes. Also there is a ton of free resources on youtube

I already have byrant's videos. I used to learn those before but once i bought this book i was concentrating more on this book and stopped watching those videos which is giving me a trouble now of the way todd taught cause byrant's videos are more detailed and a bit different from whats todd explained in books .
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Todd's way of subnetting from Chapter 4 because I found it the fastest way. Other than that, I liked Odom's book a lot better. So if you have time, get a copy of Odom's book and read that as well.
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately you will not find a single book or source that will teach you everything you need to know for the exam. I used Todd Lammles book, A book called Network Warrior, and CBTNuggets, on top of labs.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While I enjoy the book, I do not think it alone will cover all the concepts well enough that you need to pass. I highly recommend using multiple resources to study - it will give you the best chance at a solid pass.