Passed VCP-DCV 5.5!

GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
Passed the VCP-DCV 5.5 exam! The whole study process took about 2 month of studying 1-6 hours a day. I've maybe had 3-5 drinks in 2 months... icon_sad.gif

Lots of caffeine, nootropics, water, soberness...I've became a pill popper in the last 1-2 months. icon_sad.gif
5 hour energy -extra strength before exam to be extra alert. Time

sources:
blueprint
Took the stanly.cc course...Great value for the price!
Used Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5.5 book & CBT Nuggets.
Enrolled in the VMware VCA-DCV free online course and quizzes.
Used VMware workstation.
Built my own ESXI 5.5 server on a SSD HD - Lenovo TS140. 40 watts/hour, quiet and powerful.

Helpful things? Having previous experience with VMware Workstation and ESXI experience. Having hardware experience (A+). Having Network+ or higher knowledge. Having storage knowledge. Do all of the labs. If you don't understand it, do it over again. VMware's new VCA-DCV will actually teach you a few things. I recommend it to establish base knowledge. Read the blueprint for the exam!

Comments

• IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How helpful are nootropics? Any particular one?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »

https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/

Depends on your fitness level and nutrition habits but give it a try if you want.
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    The nootropics are pretty helpful. I've noticed my memory has become a lot better after a month.

I use two nootropics: Brainenergy and Neuro Clarity; Best Sellers on Amazon.

Its not like taking adderall or actual ADHD medicines, but they are very competitive to things like coffee and 5 hour energy. Typically you do not experience a burn out or come-down from nootropics as in strictly caffeine or 5 hour energy. On top of this its good to walk or exercise + eat healthy foods. :)

Edit: I'm in my early 30s. So as much as I love Steak, KFC, and cheeseburgers...it makes me sleepy and I can't study well.

When I am studying I try to eat foods / juices that are healthy or light. Staying hydrated with lots of water is good too.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work, time to put it in your cert list on the left! What's next?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Rick9Rick9 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I hope to give the exam before November! :D
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats brother! - welcome to the club!
    The nootropics are pretty helpful. I've noticed my memory has become a lot better after a month.

I use two nootropics: Brainenergy and Neuro Clarity; Best Sellers on Amazon.

Its not like taking adderall of actual ADHD medicines, but they are very competitive to things like coffee and 5 hour energy. Typically you do not experience a burn out or come-down from nootropics as in strictly caffeine or 5 hour energy. On top of this its good to walk or exercise + eat healthy foods. icon_smile.gif

Edit: I'm in my early 30s. So as much as I love Steak, KFC, and cheeseburgers...it makes me sleepy and I can't study well.

When I am studying I try to eat foods / juices that are healthy or light. Staying hydrated with lots of water is good too.

Nice to see I'm not the only one popping brain boosters, love Focus+ and acetyl L-Carnitine and Alpha Lipoic acid combo has helped me focus so much more it's nutso!!!! ...I'm ADHD and it helps me allot too plus taking 45 minute naps before studying helps too. :)
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »

You'd truly be surprised by how noticeable they help you study. I feel it and I'm convinced it's helped me focus better and better the longer I take them now. Plus my memory retention is so much higher now.

All these elements are naturally found in your body just with the USDA restrictions on say food in supermarket most food unless you eat just fruits and veggies don't have them in sufficient quantities. When taken in higher than normal levels it's basically like putting 93 octane in your brain compared to 86 octane. You can feel the difference nearly instantly as soon as it get in your blood stream......just remember like anything for your brain it's water based so make sure your hydrated.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratsicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Thank you all for your great support! Finding an online community like this is very, very rare! In the last 8 months this community has inspired me to be more successful in the tech field.

In less than 8 months I've completed 4 certifications and 4 courses. For the next 6 months my goals are to complete 3+ more courses @ WGU (CEH, CHFI), Linux+, and possibly 70-410. As far as dreams I am seriously considering living on a sailboat in the Bay area. I'm also planning on going to Japan and Singapore for 3+ months in Q1-2016. So much to do!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thank you all for your great support! Finding an online community like this is very, very rare! In the last 8 months this community has inspired me to be more successful in the tech field.

In less than 8 months I've completed 4 certifications and 4 courses. For the next 6 months my goals are to complete 3+ more courses @ WGU (CEH, CHFI), Linux+, and possibly 70-410. As far as dreams I am seriously considering living on a sailboat in the Bay area. I'm also planning on going to Japan and Singapore for 3+ months in Q1-2016. So much to do!

Japan is amazing you'll love it I went last year for a few weeks and I'm going back in September. ;)

The culture and food is amazing
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! We are glad we could be a small part of your success!!
    Passed the VCP-DCV 5.5 exam! The whole study process took about 2 month of studying 1-6 hours a day. I've maybe had 3-5 drinks in 2 months... icon_sad.gif

Lots of caffeine, nootropics, water, soberness...I've became a pill popper in the last 1-2 months. icon_sad.gif
    5 hour energy -extra strength before exam to be extra alert. Time

sources:
    blueprint
    Took the stanly.cc course...Great value for the price!
    Used Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5.5 book & CBT Nuggets.
    Enrolled in the VMware VCA-DCV free online course and quizzes.
    Used VMware workstation.
    Built my own ESXI 5.5 server on a SSD HD - Lenovo TS140. 40 watts/hour, quiet and powerful.

Helpful things? Having previous experience with VMware Workstation and ESXI experience. Having hardware experience (A+). Having Network+ or higher knowledge. Having storage knowledge. Do all of the labs. If you don't understand it, do it over again. VMware's new VCA-DCV will actually teach you a few things. I recommend it to establish base knowledge. Read the blueprint for the exam!
  • normslandnormsland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats GreaterNinja. That has spurred me on a bit. I took the Stanly class Mar-May and has been working through the Scott Lowe book. Definitely need some more commitment on my part. Been working with VMware for years just need to get some certs :)
  • WillizoeWillizoe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GreaterNinja, can you tell how you take the NeuroClarity and Brainenergy? At the same time? Spaced out? How many at a time? I've tried L-theanine/caffeine and other nootropics but never really noticed any benefit.