Options

ECSA - Sutdy Materials

rcsecrcsec Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good Morning,
I'll take the CEH on 8/3 so I'm thinking of the next cert, possibly the ECSA. The training materials (or class) will be from my own pocket but a passed test will be reimbursed. EC Council has self study materials available for $695 and Amazon has 5 books that come in around $215.

Are there any other self study materials available?
Is the material on Amazon the same as the $695 bundle from EC Council?
Would it be worth posting a Wanted To Buy for ECSA materials (is there a forum for that)?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    AntonDerksAntonDerks Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am wondering about this myself. Thing is, I just did the ECSA official classroom course. You get one book (collection of printed slides) and access to the online pdf's and iLab. To be honest, I can't learn too well using just slides. For CEH there are plenty of good books but for CSA there's only the ones you mentioned. Since CSA is sort of like CEH with methodology and reporting tacked on I'm going to re-use de material from CEH (i.e., Matt Walkers all in one) and I just ordered the EC Council book 'Penetration testing Procedures and Methodologies'. I hope that's enough.

Nevertheless, I hope to hear from those that passed CSA what they used for studying. So, anyone?

Edit: FYI, we were informed that the exam format is going to change. Sometime in the coming months, perhaps as early as october, the exam will become a 'challenge' (full blown pentest and report within a set time frame) in stead of multiple choice.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is a challenge now in the version 9, this is good.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i am interested in this as well, might take a New Horizons course if work pays for it, but I would like to self study on the side
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark