Options

A+ certified Now

jimmybmejimmybme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just want to thank all the people who left tips and info about the tests. It really helped with the nerves of taking these tests and it helped quite a bit with preparing. Quick question, what happens now? Does comptia send me my a+ card in the mail or do I need to request it?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gratz Jimmy! Pretty certain they just send out. Got plans on next area to study?
  • Options
    Thank you, well from every thing I have read up on, network+ is the way to go next. I am actually quite glad about that because I find networking very interesting and I think I would like to get more into that part of IT as a whole. To be honest I would like to work in the background more than with users upfront down the road.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They will not send out anything until you log in and confirm your address in their system. They usually send an email about 5 days after asking you to do it.
  • Options
    Mike BMike B Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation Jimmy, could you tell me a little about your exam. Was this your first attempt? How many actual question were you given in each of the tests? How long in time were you given? As far a percentage, what areas of the 801 was questions covered?...and also the 801. Did you receive your results immediately? Were you given the percentage of your passing score?
  • Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job Jimmy! Congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thank you guys, all I really can say for the others looking to take the test is, know your stuff! I took a whole bunch of online sample tests and stuff but the key really is to study what you don't know and to learn the true concepts. Once you know what the objectives are truly then the test is so much easier to pass than simply remembering questions as so many people do.

I will say also an other reason to know your stuff is because the way Comptia writes out their questions is really silly at times. Even though I was left with 40 min on the clock, their were a few questions that I flagged simply because of the sentence structure. However like I said, knowing the material is what got me through it. Good luck To everyone.
  • Options
    Funny thing is I just passed my 802 and waiting for my printout. The people in the office couldn't figure out how to print my sheet with my score lol I was like great; this is a computer school I almost went too and it took three people to get my printout! Oh well, glad I did it on my own.
  • Options
    mamoreno89mamoreno89 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!😇
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jimmybme wrote: »
    Just want to thank all the people who left tips and info about the tests. It really helped with the nerves of taking these tests and it helped quite a bit with preparing. Quick question, what happens now? Does comptia send me my a+ card in the mail or do I need to request it?

Congrats on your passing A+! One thing that I want to tell you.. is that A+ is the "most" important certification to get. The reason why.. is it gives you that great core troubleshooting foundation that you'll use going forward in all I.T. fields that you go into. A lot of people think the A+ cert is a "beginners cert" or a "basic cert" that's not actually true. It's a cert that new people in I.T. get, to learn and keep there skill sets fresh by continuing education. Good luck in all that you do!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • Options
    jeefjeef Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agree. Good point. A+ is a good foundation certification.
  • Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Oh I had to request the card through the comptia login when I registered for the test, although I had to wait a little while after I passed. I think a week.
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration