Options

Stanly Aug-Oct

2»

Comments

• Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stanly_CC and students:

I'm attempting to get a clear understanding if and when will the exam retire. According to the official VMware website there are two exams that cover VCP5-DCV: VCP510 which I believe is 5.1 and has a retired date of 11/30/15 and the VCP550 which is 5.5. 5.5 is the class were taking, right? And there are two versions of the 5.5, the "Based" and the "Delta" Once we complete this course, are we authorized to take either one of the exams or are we limited to just the VCP510? Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    catak wrote: »
    Stanly_CC and students:

I'm attempting to get a clear understanding if and when will the exam retire. According to the official VMware website there are two exams that cover VCP5-DCV: VCP510 which I believe is 5.1 and has a retired date of 11/30/15 and the VCP550 which is 5.5. 5.5 is the class were taking, right? And there are two versions of the 5.5, the "Based" and the "Delta" Once we complete this course, are we authorized to take either one of the exams or are we limited to just the VCP510? Thanks for your time.

The class prepares you for the 5.5 test. The Stanly CC class fufils the "Install, Configure, Manage" VMware class prerequisite. This isn't the delta training class. You will be authorized to take the full VCP 5.5 base exam after this and a voucher will be provided at a discount.
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure