Options

CCENT tomorrow morning...nervous!

Stevecb06Stevecb06 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the last 3 months or so. I have read Lammle's book, watched Kevin Wallace's video series, and labbed using Packet Tracer. I feel like I am well prepared, but I don't want to be over confident. I am a little nervous... mostly because this will be my first certification exam, and my first proctored exam in about 8 years. I guess I am just nervous because I don't know what to expect.

Test is at 10AM Eastern time... I will keep everyone updated!

Comments

• Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be afraid of it, best advice i can give is understand your show/troubleshooting commands and be able to work through addressing/subnetting pretty efficiently. Being nervous won't get you anywhere, you've done the work and you're ready for the test. Cisco has some practice questions on their website if you're interested

Good luckicon_cheers.gif
    CCENT - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nervousness should go away the second you start the exam. At least that's how it works for me. Good luck!
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Best of luck to you brother. best advise take a 30 minute nap prior to the exam and make sure you don't drink too much prior to the test. You should be fine, if you fail, meh it's not the end of the world, just ask me. icon_wink.gif ... wasting $150 each time gets old though, lol!

I'd just recommend you keep these commands handy in your skull:

show ip ospf database
    show ip protocols
    show ip ospf interfaces
    Show cdp neighbors
    show cdp neighbors detail
    show mac-address-table
    show controllers slot|type
    show interfaces slot|type
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I've got subnetting down to the point where it is second nature, so I am not worried about that at all. The one thing I am worried about is the simlets just because that is the one area that I really have no idea what to expect. I think I have a pretty good hold on all the show commands, but I am worried I will get hit with a simlet that I have trouble getting through and waste a bunch of time. Oh well, we will see!

Getting ready, eating breakfast, and heading to the testing center. Hopefully I will be back with some good news!
  • Options
    CiscoWayneCiscoWayne Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate!
    CCENT [X] CCNA [X] CCNP Switch [ ] CCNP Route [ ] CCNP Troubleshoot [ ]
    Now working on CCNP Switch
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    ALl the best buddy . Go gain it. :- )
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Good Luck brother! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    The stress levels must be elevating now; it's 10:49 am. I'm sure it will be fun for him. :)
  • Options
    Nailed it! Passed with a 947/1000. I really exceeded my own expectations on this one. Here is the performance breakdown:

Operation of IP Data Networks - 100%
    LAN Switching Technologies - 100%
    IP addressing IPv4 and IPv6 - 100%
    IP Routing Technologies - 100%
    IP Services - 100%
    Network Device Security - 50%

koz24, you were right. Once I got in the car to head to the testing center, my nervousness went away and I got focused.

Going to take the weekend off to enjoy myself and then come Monday I will hit the books and start preparing for ICND2!
  • Options
    Congrats man! That's a great score.
  • Options
    You're Welcome brother. Boson has that simlet and I'll just say those simlets are similar. I myself have focused on the following show commands listed above.

Tense about my 3rd run tomorrow, 1 solid month of 24/7 Cisco has been intense and my brain is beyond tired. Not sure if I could do another month like this one for a little bit.

PS: where abouts in upstate NY you at, PM me.
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    Why does everyone score less on Network device security ?
    Are the Books Lammle and Odom enough for Security ?
    Do I need to refer CCNA Security Books ?

hmmm deathmage post more questions from Boson please .....:D

Great Score !!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif

Great score
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Let's all remember the NDA we sign when we take the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    satishtech wrote: »

Great Score !!

I ponder why I consistently scored low on network security too....
  • Options
    satishtech wrote: »

Great Score !!

You don't need CCNA Security for ICND1. Everything you need for security is in Odom's book, it just may be scattered around different chapters.
  • Options
    aldoilici1aldoilici1 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    You don't need CCNA Security for ICND1. Everything you need for security is in Odom's book, it just may be scattered around different chapters.

i second that: got 100% on Network Device Security and my only reading material was Odom's book.
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, GSEC, GMON, GCIA, GSTRT, GCIH, GDSA, SSAP
  • Options
    bosco dasbosco das Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Steve.

First of all congrats on passing CCENT and that two with such remarkable scores.Basically, I am looking forward to pursue my CCENT certification and I am really confused what resources to use. I do have Todd Lammle's study guide at the moment, but i do prefer video training than reading. Can you please advise me what resources did you use to study.
  • Options
    I read Lammle's book and then watched the entire Kevin Wallace video series. Kevin Wallace's videos are very well made. He does a good job of using visuals and explaining things very clearly.
  • Options
    Chris Bryant's videos on Udemy are really good. Will easily take 4 days to watch them all. But they are VERY detailed. Use them to supplement me and they definitely helped on exam in more than one scenerio.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great work, congrats dude!

Going to check out the Chris Bryant vids, thanks for the heads up Deathmage!