Options

CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional - Training Guidance

ClockcrawlerClockcrawler Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone passed this exam yet? Do you have guidance on how to study for this? I really don't want to wait until December for the CCSP CBK to be published. I recently passed the CISSP and want to keep up the training momentum.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Comments

• Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bump, anyone know? long time to wait for material.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm interested.
    however interesting Cisco has cert with same acronym.
    could get confusing.
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco's CCSP(CCNA Security now) is retired though, but still very much known indeed.Clockcrawler, just wondering, why do you wanna get this cert?
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    Company has plans to rapidly move into the Cloud. I focus in Compliance and deal with lots of client data security. I see the CCSP as a differentiator from the the other certs out there.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are less than 50 persons with CCSP, you really need to look around for someone who has passed the exam
    Source from https://www.isc2.org/member-counts.aspx

Brazil

Germany

Hong Kong

India

Israel

New Zealand

Portugal

Singapore

Turkey

United Kingdom

United States

You can download the exam outline from ISC2 web site and check out the suggested reading references inside.
    Quite a fair of reading material from Cloud Security Alliance web site.
  • Options
    so no material out yet?
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Damn 50 already, not bad!
  • Options
    eddo1 wrote: »
    so no material out yet?
    Wait for the CBK in Nov/Dec or wait for one of the 44 CCSPs to write a book. :D

Seriously, read all the suggested references in the exam outline. That should be enough for a CISSP; the 5 year IT experience requirement can be substituted with a CISSP credential.

And from https://www.isc2.org/ccsp-faqs/default.aspx, exam is only available from July 21st. Adding the 4 to 8 weeks endorsement period, we should in theory see a "real" CCSP in Sep/Oct. I guess most of the 44 CCSP have their credentials grandfather in. Maybe some of them contribute exam questions and/or took the beta exam.
  • Options
    hermit84hermit84 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCSP exam passed today.
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    How about your exam experience? What did you use to prepare?
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    Congrats! What materials did you use to prepare?
  • Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received a flyer in the mail about the CCSP from ISC2 - for the same reasons as Clockcrawler, it might end up being more of a business requirement and me having completed the CCSP than anything else.
  • Options
    Mastiff_PupMastiff_Pup Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CCSP is promoted as an 'advanced' version of the CCSK (CSA - Cloud Security Alliance examination) So I suggest that the CSA Common body of Knowledge is a good starting point to prepare for the CCSP. There is also an ENISA document mentioned that has to be refereed to as well. I was hoping that ISC2 would by now have the 'textbook' published . This is not to be and I have not seen any indication of publication date. The ISC2 exam outline gives a list of references but not as comprehensive as I would have liked. So all in all take on the CSA V3 Security guidance and flesh out the bits that seem shallow compared with what ISC2 is asking you to know.
    https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/guidance/csaguide.v3.0.pdf
    I hope to sit the exam at the start of 2016 - the ISC2 textbook may well have appeared by then.
  • Options
    Congrats! So beyond all your experience and impressive list of certs, how did you prepare?
  • Options
    hermit84 wrote: »
    CCSP exam passed today.
    Congrats!
    Given your CISSP concentration background, how much overlap is there between CISSP and CCSP. As in is there a lot of new material to study?

Can a competent CISSP just walk in and pass the exam? ☺
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Given your CISSP concentration background, how much overlap is there between CISSP and CCSP. As in is there a lot of new material to study?

The CCSP is based on this https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/guidance/csaguide.v3.0.pdf and this https://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/risk-management/files/deliverables/cloud-computing-risk-assessment take a look at the 177 pages and you will be able to tell how much overlap there is with the CISSP and if you already have some of the knowledge required.
  • Options
    Was searching for the Enisa doc. Thanks!
  • Options
    hermit84 wrote: »
    CCSP exam passed today.

Sorry for late reply, just got the official notice of the exam results.

BTW, there is a reference list in the exam outline, studied these material are fair enough for the exam.
  • Options
    Congrats!

Sadly, it can't. Reminded that it is C"Cloud"SP
  • Options
    Thanks. I deduce as much after reading exam outline. Probably look at C**app dev**P next.
  • Options
    hoping there will be a book out soon.
  • Options
    You can refer to the reference reading material in the exam outline which are primarily CSA's CBK material. The CCSP CBK is coming out 16th Nov.

They have yet to update the member count at https://www.isc2.org/member-counts.aspx
    Still 57 as of 1st September.
  • Options
    I received an email that the book is out and can be ordered through here Wiley: The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK - Adam Gordon use code ISC50 for discount!
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Just ordered the book. Available only after the 3rd of December in Australia / New Zealand.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received the book last week and been going through it. So far so good! It is definitely worth the $40.
  • Options
    Chuzpah wrote: »
    Received the book last week and been going through it. So far so good! It is definitely worth the $40.

Cool. I look forward to your exam review. :)
  • Options
    LollyBagginsLollyBaggins Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Cool. I look forward to your exam review. :)

Indeed! I'm planing to take the exam before the end of the year or in January. I will post a review right away!
  • Options
    Chuzpah wrote: »
    Indeed! I'm planing to take the exam before the end of the year or in January. I will post a review right away!

Cool! Just a note about the CSSP official guide from http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/115772-ccsp-cloudy-chance-raining-matrix.html#post988260.
  • Options

Cool, thanks for the link Mike