About to pursue my A+ cert

VI_NetworkingVI_Networking Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, this is my first post on TechExams.

I am planning to do my 220-801 exam mid of September. I am looking for the best discount priced vouchers available, the cheapest I was able to find was for $173. Does anyone by chance know of any cheaper?

The only study guide I currently have is “All-in-one” eighth edition by Mike Meyers. I am open to any and all advice.

I do not have any work experience in the IT industry but I have built a few computers. I am hoping that getting certified will open the doors for me in the IT industry.

Comments

• jimmybmejimmybme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got certified, waiting on my kit to arrive in the mail. For the first test I found it for $175 and for the 802 I found one for $170. Just look online for voucher discount. I Have that book as well very comprehensive. You might want exam cram as well, very straight to the point lots of people use both.
  • VI_NetworkingVI_Networking Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I will try to check out Exam Cram as well, thanks.

How many questions were in your exams?
  • jimmybmejimmybme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Both were three sims with about 75 questions.
  • vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jimmy. I'd second the exam cram series by David Prowse. Great and concise studying material. Also check out Professor Messer's videos if you haven't already.
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer has some great videos to help you study for the A+ exam. I also used the Mike Meyers Passport book as well. You can also check out https://www.cybrary.it/ for some additional videos.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • echoesofelevenechoesofeleven Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://www.cybrary.it/ with that site. How good is it?
    Good and close relationships keep us all truly happy