Options

Does a Six Sigma Certification help in the long run?

echoesofelevenechoesofeleven Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know this isn't a IT certification, but I was just curious would this certification help somehow?
Good and close relationships keep us all truly happy

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I think that depends on which industry you are hiring into and maybe even more specifically which business unit in an organization you may be hiring into. I know that the automotive industry likes to see Six Sigma, especially for engineering groups. I know that for IT professionals hiring into an engineering group in some automotive companies, you are required to get a Green Belt certification or even in some cases a Black Belt. I'm almost done with my Green Belt and, like you, am not sure where else I might be able to highlight it. I suppose you could use it as a talking point to say in an interview that you understand process improvement and if hired you can help improve current processes.....
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lean Six Sigma is big in healthcare.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like what's being said, Six sigma would help you if you're in a manufacturer-type of business.
    I did the white belt, just to get a taste of it. It focuses on reducing costs and maximizing production through proved methods such as DMAIC,..
  • Options
    IT-FNGIT-FNG Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lean Six Sigma is big in healthcare.

Can confirm, worked in healthcare for 10 years in security and lean six sigma was everywhere. Always meetings and activities to attend to practice it. At some points though it seems like they are more cannibalizing their staff though and leaning out too much. I like it somewhere in the middle.