Options

"Are you applying to take the Associate of (ISC)2 exam?"

barmanbarman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
This question arises when you register to ISC2 exams (CISSP, CSSLP, etc.) in Pearson VUE site.

Obviously, I am applying to take the ISC2 exam but to become a CISSP (in this case) and not an associate, so I choose "no" as an answer. But, obviously you become "an associate of (ISC)2" until you get an endorsement to complete the CISSP, so "yes" might be a legal answer as well.
In addition to that, needless to say that you choose to take the exam, and this is what you get at default if you pass...

It might sound like a silly question, but... what should I answer there?

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Your statement is suffering from a run on sentence structure. Could you please separate the question from the explanation and someone will answer you. Likely in too much detail.

If you are applying to become an associate then yes you are applying to take the associate exam and no not registering to take the full CISSP.

- b/eads
  • Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The difference is that if you say "Yes" you will be automatically assigned the Associate status after you pass the exam.

If you say "No" you will not be assigned this status automatically, and you will have to complete the endorsement process OR become an Associate within 9 months. If you don't do one of these within those 9 months, you will have to re-take the exam.

Quote from the ISC(2) web site:
    If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam, you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified.