Options

Core Router: Gigabit + Serial WIC's

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey all,

Been searching all over Ebay but I don't really know any of the older version Cisco routers so I'm just looking at other peoples pics of their labs and looking until I find the one I'm after but won't be like $1000 each.

I'm basically looking for a few more routers preferably ones with Gigabit over FE and also have slots to handle some Serial WIC cards. I was looking at the 1841's but there just FE's, what would be the next step up?

Would like to replace the 2600's and 1741 as my core router. I already know for a fact I'm ordering 3 more 3750G's over the next couple weeks.

I'd like to ties in the gigabit router on my home-lan and then connect it to the 3750G's as a core/distro level and then connect them to some 3750's without IP routing turned on as glorified core switches for the VMware lab. As some know VMware vSwitches take advantage of CDP and other Cisco switching fabric tech. Basically since I don't have Cisco at work, I want it at home so I can really sink my teeth into VMware + Cisco networking cohesion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have some 2821s in my lab and they have worked great for me. You may want to hit Clarson up and see if he has any.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    I have some 2821s in my lab and they have worked great for me. You may want to hit Clarson up and see if he has any.

Koodos, thanks just what I was looking for... plus I can reuse the serial wics from the 3 1741's I have that are maxed out. This 2821 is only $45 too! ... feels like robbery!