Options

CISSP Passed!!! Pheewwwwww

lgoodwin88lgoodwin88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Meant to post this yesterday, but I passed the CISSP!!! HUGE thanks to all those that have posted their thoughts and pointers, direction and criticism. Though this was my second attempt, I'm still immensely grateful!!

I took the “new” exam on April 17th…and unfortunately failed with a 686, so close!! I just did my retake on August 10th.

The exam took me about 4 hours total for the exam. You really just need to have a good fundamental knowledge of the topics and then be able to not only read and comprehend, but be able to talk the concepts out with other people. It really is so much more than just memorizing terms, or answers to Practice Exam questions…though I do believe there is a LOT of merit in doing practice exams.

Study Resources Used:
CISSP All-In-One 6th Ed.
by Shon Harrris
11th Hour CISSP by Eric Conrad
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition, 4th Edition
CISSP class through New Horizons (paid for by employer)

Though the CISSP class through New Horizons was almost 40 hours, it isn’t enough time to cover everything that needs to be covered. My strategy this time was to use the class as a final summary, and in that sense it was successful.

There seemed to be an abundance of material covered on the exam that was on newer concepts like Cloud…more than IAAS and PAAS. So, as badly written as it is, the 4th edition CBK is still a must as far as resources.

Exam Practice:

CCCure questions from pre-April 15 set and post April 15 set (many 1000's, lost count) http://freepracticetests.org

McGraw-Hills website http://www.mhprofessional.com/sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl

All AIO questions in the book...but most of these are included with the McGraw-Hill (Same Publisher)

Total Tester…included on the CD that comes with the Shon Harris AIO

Eric Conrad Practice Exams http://booksite.elsevier.com/companion/conrad/practice_exams.php

Though the CCCure questions are great from a content perspective, I really felt that the McGraw-Hill, Total Tester, and Eric Conrad questions captured the feel and spirit of the actual exam.

Next up…. Endorsement!! J

Good luck to everyone out there still studying!

Comments

• Options
    melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!!
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    @bh!4u@bh!4u Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!
    Thanks for your insight on the updated exams and topics, There are sufficient resources and pointer for older topics however if you could shed some more light on your preparation and sources for newer topics apart from the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition would really be helpful.

TIA
  • Options
    lgoodwin88lgoodwin88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really don't think that other books have had the chance to catch up with the updated CBK. The newer questions on CCCure all reference the 4th edition CBK, so that's what I went with. But as can be attested to by others, the new CBK is a badly written book...but the info is there if you dig.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is dedication. Gz!
  • Options
    sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Super Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!
    enjoy the success...:)
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the tips
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Congratulations, kudos!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.