Options

CISSP Exam Scheduled!

NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
After considering on whether I should book this now or later I decided on scheduling it. The date is set right now for November 9th!

Have bought the following books:
- Shon Harris' AIO
- Conrad's Study Guide
- Conrad's 11th hour

And will be watching the Cybrary CISSP Videos

As I was looking through reviews on Amazon I came across the following strat someone used and planning on doing this. After reading a lot of reviews on here it sounds like Shon Harris' book is tough to go through all at once so I think this should be good strat to best utilize it. I'm just going to copy and paste what the guy wrote on Amazon...

1) I read Conrad's main book first, doing the practice questions in it as I went along, a chapter at a time. This book is manageable and not overwhelming
2) After completing Conrad’s book, do the questions in Shon Harris' books, a chapter or test at a time. Do the questions before you read her chapter text. Use either the main Harris book or the practice exam book or both. It doesn't matter. (If all you know is what you learned earlier in Conrad’s book, then you will get some of Harris’ questions right and many of them wrong. That’s OK.)
3) After each test, as you mark your results, write down the terms you hadn’t seen before and didn’t get right.
4) Then dig into the Shon Harris' main book to learn more about the stuff you didn't know, using the index to find the page(s) you need
5) With a week to go, scan the glossary in Conrad's book and be comfortable you recognize all the terms, at least a little, and be sure that there are no terms you have no idea about
6) The 11th Hour Book may be of help to summarize and its practice exams are a great guide to help you see which chapters / areas you are weakest on. It was helpful, but the least-essential book if your budget is tight

So that's the plan, except I plan on throwing Cybrary videos in there and completely reading the 11th Hour during the last week. This definitely seems doable under 3 months in my opinion.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have almost good 3 months for the exam..Utilize it to the core...Give your best..All the best..
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take note that there are updates to CISSP exam outline this year; some material may not be covered by the books.
    Conrad's 3rd edition will not be out until end this year (see Eric Conrad: MGT 414 and CISSP Study Guide Third Edition)

You may want to supplement your reading.
    All the best!
  • Options
    lgoodwin88lgoodwin88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As painful as it might be...The 4th Edition of the Official CBK will be good for the new material on the exam. Most of the "newer" editions of practice exams reference that book.

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys!

Yea, from what I've read it is pretty much almost all of the same content just mixed into 8 domains instead of 10. I'll definitely go over the outline to make sure though. There is a Cybrary CISSP video that goes over the changes, the teacher says she actually retakes the CISSP exam every time they do an update on it.

I do wish that Conrad book would come a couple months earlier though...

Check out my Pass thread. I had probably 20 questions on new material. There is a link in that thread to a CCCure page with resources for the new material. Good luck!
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Jt, after looking at the link I think I'm just going to "rent" the new CBK ebook from Amazon. And use your link to browse to those topics in the book. Only $18 to rent the book for 2 months. Not too terrible.

Sounds like a good plan.