Options

Exam in 5 days - Here's my final soundcheck

0x900x90 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
The day has come.. I will sit the CISSP exam on Tuesday here in Australia. My plan for a final sound check is below. What else should I be focusing on?

Exam
Type: CISSP
Days left: 5 days

Plan
  • Go through Eric Conrad 11th Hour
  • Go through Shon Harris AIO 6th summary section for each domain
  • Do 25-50 practice questions for each domain as I go - Total Tester
  • Finally do 250 question test (one? twice?) - Total Tester
  • Drill down on the weakest domain(s) from the 250 test result

Question: What else would you do if you were me?

Comments

• Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm on for tuesday as well(technically almost wednesday for you : )
    I do almost the same thing, only with cccure practice questions extra

Best of luck!
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    I read the 11th hour the day before the exam. I liked it, just the nuts and bolts. What have you done to prepare already? What you listed is probably not enough unless you have been working in a broad range of the domains for awhile.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both books does not cover new material in CISSP CBK 2015.
    Eric Conrad's new edition is only coming out end this year (Eric Conrad: MGT 414 and CISSP Study Guide Third Edition)

You may want to supplement reading from https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CISSP-CBK-2015-WHAT-WAS-ADDED

All the best!
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can download and listen shon harris's summary of cissp domain mp3s. really helps. also you can take the tests if you didnt

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

good luck.
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
  • Options
    OM602 wrote: »
    I'm on for tuesday as well(technically almost wednesday for you : )
    I do almost the same thing, only with cccure practice questions extra

Best of luck!

Thanks you too!
    Robertf969 wrote: »
    I read the 11th hour the day before the exam. I liked it, just the nuts and bolts. What have you done to prepare already? What you listed is probably not enough unless you have been working in a broad range of the domains for awhile.

Thanks true that. I did go through CBT Nuggets and Cybrary series as primer then dived into Eric Conrad 2E and AIO 6th (mostly for summary and questions). Took CCCure quizzer along the way. Tried out Skillset for a (short) while too. I believe I did the first Conrad 250 question test and McGraw-Hill 10 domains. I'm weighing up between doing the second Conrad test and reading into my weak area. Not sure if the second Conrad's test is worth it. Advice?
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Both books does not cover new material in CISSP CBK 2015.
    Eric Conrad's new edition is only coming out end this year (Eric Conrad: MGT 414 and CISSP Study Guide Third Edition)

You may want to supplement reading from https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CISSP-CBK-2015-WHAT-WAS-ADDED

All the best!

Bookmarked - will definitely have a read soon. Thanks a lot.
    voodoo26 wrote: »
    you can download and listen shon harris's summary of cissp domain mp3s. really helps. also you can take the tests if you didnt

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

good luck.

Thanks - I did the tests. Good for reinforcement.
  • Options
    M22M22 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

I've recognized a pattern for questions that I usually got wrong: they all asked for the BEST answer from a list of valid ones.

I guess answer is to...practice more? So frustrating...
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best..!!!
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    The only test engine I used was transcender. It was good, has good explanations of the answers. Not sure on the Conrad questions, I did do his end of chapter review questions but they seemed relatively easy compared to the actual test so I wouldn't rely on them solely.
  • Options
    Robertf969 wrote: »
    The only test engine I used was transcender. It was good, has good explanations of the answers. Not sure on the Conrad questions, I did do his end of chapter review questions but they seemed relatively easy compared to the actual test so I wouldn't rely on them solely.

Fair enough.

I've just taken a 100 questions from Total Tester. Got 86%. The majority of wrong answers is 'select the BEST'...
  • Options
    In my opinion cccure and Shon Harris Total tester are the other good materials you should go through..
  • Options
    I passed! Will update first post with details soon.

Thanks everyone for the support!
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats! I passed on the same day as you :)
    Looking forward to hearing about your experience
  • Options
    Congrats to both of you..
  • Options
    OM602 wrote: »
    Congrats! I passed on the same day as you :)
    Looking forward to hearing about your experience

Dude congrats! Where's that 'I passed' post? :)
  • Options
    It got marked as spam icon_lol.gif
    And I don't want to be annoying and ask a mod to approve it until they see it anway
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!! i think that you were celebratring instead of writing passed topic :Dicon_thumright.gif
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass.. keen to see your study plan..:)
  • Options
    kennyckennyc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I sit mine on Aug 24, Monday - YIKES...

Using 4th Ed CBK, AIO Shon Harris, Eric Conrad 11th hour, various online summaries becoming redundant and unwieldy.

Using cccure, SH totaltester, McGraw Hill, Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Practice Exams, questions in the AIO.

Already postponed once .... hopefully Monday will be it!!!
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    0x90 wrote: »
    I passed! Will update first post with details soon.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Congrats!! What resource did you find the most helpful in preparation? I have finished the Eric Conrad Study Guide with detailed notes as well as completed the cybrary videos. I am watching some more videos updated for the 8 domains next, but wondered if more studying or practice exams would be more helpful at this point.
  • Options
  • Options
    PIppi3PIppi3 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kennyckennyc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed today. Thanks everyone in this forum for your insights. Of all the tips and hints what I found most useful was to simulate a few 250 question sittings. I found I started zoning out about 2.5 hour mark and it was brutal to maintain focus until the end, next (2) simulations don't get any better. I included question reviews (which I hate) like a real exam. What it did for me was to get used to that spaced out feeling, know it and and not dwell too long there, what I did whenever I started zoning out , was to closed my eyes and take 6 slow deep breaths for about 1 minute, then keep on going.

I took a 5 min break at the 2, and 4 hour mark, finished all the questions at 4.5 hours, used the rest of the time to review flagged questions (25) and going through the rest again (changed about 5). I chose to use all the time up until 3 mins before the 6th hour when I checked out. As for the the study material I covered that in a previous post.

Good luck on your journey. I started last June, schedule the Exam this year in April (the AIO is a tome to get through) for June and postponed to August.Whatever road you take, I hope you get there successfully.