Options

Resume critque

COD916COD916 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, i would like someone to help me out and let me know what to do or not to do on resume. I have been contracting for a few years now and I have worked a few help desk gigs, as well to working through thumbtack.com. I'm not sure if i should find something in networking or move towards full time system admin work. Also I have a degree from a community college and worked in their CCNA/CCNP lab. That's where i received most of my networking knowledge from and might be CCNP certified soon but I really don't know if i am going in the right direction.

Thumbtack freelance technician

Tech Support

June 2011-June 2015

· Provide solutions to residential clients in their network or personal computer needs
· Troubleshooting Pcs using remote management tools
· Windows and Linux machine imaging and configuring
· Ubuntu and backtrack Linux
· Network Troubleshooting using TCP/IP stack, Netmap, Nessus, Wireshark

IT Contractor

October 2014- November 2014

· Short contract assisting staff with monitoring video equipment
· Control video monitoring system during presentation
· The Role involved supporting Operating forces as well as Hospital Staff with expertise, customer service and support
· Assist staff with equipment supply

Call Center/Help Desk

November 2013-December 2013

· Provided an excellent experience over the phone
· Contract position for Adventist health providing level 1 tech support using heat ticketing system and responding to upward
of 50 calls per day.
· Processed orders and returns and answered customer service calls.
· Maintained and deactivating user accounts using Active directory.
· Remote system troubleshooting and teaching

CCNA/CCNP training courses and hands on experience on Cisco routers and switches enterprise level lab

Skills
Cisco Routers 18/26/28/38Routers; Cisco Switches Catalyst3750G, 3560, 3550, & 2950; Cisco ASA 5510, & 5505; STP, PVST+, & Rapid PVST; GRE, IPSec, Dynamic Multipoint VPN Tunnels, PPP, ISAKMP, VPN; OSPF, OSPFv3, EIGRP, BGP; AES, NHRP; ACL; HSRP, VRRP, & GLBP; DHCP; VoIP; IPv4, IPv6; SNMPc; Network Design & Optimization; Network Security Management; Cisco Unified Call Manager(CUCM), Cisco Call Manger Express; Inline encryption devices Point to Point and Point to Multipoint; VMware ESXi; Windows server 2008/2012 Active directory; Life Cycle Management & Planning; IP Engineering; Network Administration; Strong Leadership and Mentorship Abilities.

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where's your education? Any certs? What kind of work did you do at the college cisco lab, intern? If so put that for sure. I'd remove thumbtack from field technician. Try writing a sentence or two of what you did at each position, then a few bullets on what you achieved to help the company. For example 'Consistently in the top 10% of issues resolved by handling 50+ calls a day'.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    piedthepiperpiedthepiper Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I paid to have my CV done, as I am **** at typing and it is nice to have a professional do it
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys. Was just denied for another help desk position even though i have a ccna and lab experience. They want more help desk experience for some of these positions, guess i have to start at the bottom all over again
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at here because of the copy and paste. Do you still need help with this? If so, please attach or link your resume in PDF format.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The reason why you're not getting any headway is because you're pass the Help Desk phase (level 1). You're a Level 3 at best. My advice to you is shoot for a Jr Network Admin or Jr. Network Engineer.

Look for something like this.
  • Options
    No further assistance is really needed in this thread, thanks guys i am kind of aware of what i should be doing now

Also just had an interview in the network role, they are looking for someone "green" that they can train up and we can go from there. I have to be honest the interview wasn't so simple, but im willing to play ball.