Options

Looking for study tips for CCENT/CCNAX

thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm currently covering the material for the CCENT using Todd Lammle's CCNA: R&S book. Chapters 1-14 cover the CCENT material and so I've made it to chapter 12.

At the end of every chapter there are written labs, hands on labs (configuring switches and routers w/ software), and an end of the chapter quiz.

This is my first time covering this material, and my first time through. My study method (in the exact order) is:

Read chapter
Do written labs
Do hands on labs
Do end of chapter quiz

When it comes to the written labs, I average about a 70% as well as with the end of the chapter quizzes.

I'm a bit worried at my lack of retaining information as I just crossed my first Problem Scenario where I had to configure a VLAN on a switch. I legit could not remember any of the commands off of the top of my head. All I could do was enable and then put it into global configuration. I tried using some of the ? commands to see what other options I had, I still couldn't do it. I got a 0/7 for a grade - felt bad lol.

Is this normal for someone completely new to this material and it's their first time through?

I plan on re-capping and watching videos as well as re-doing all of the hands on labs after reading all of the chapters for CCENT. Planning on following up with 2 weeks worth of review and labs.

I'm open to some pro study tips from those of you who've been at this for a while.

Thanks,
Wiz
Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP

Comments