Options

NAT question

DeadRavenDeadRaven Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody.

I am connecting to remote site via VPN. My local subnet is 192.168.10.0 and remote site subnet is also 192.168.10.0. When I want to send some packet to remote side it doesn't go out. My default gateway redirects this packet to inside. Can I configure NAT to translate this (192.168.10.0) local address to another address (ex: 192.168.20.0) ? Or you have other solutions about this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a bad configuration, subnets should be different in the two connected sites.
    Just change one of the subnet and all should work fine.
  • Options
    DeadRavenDeadRaven Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cannot change the subnet configuration. The remote side have many customers that is using their services. And in my side also have many servers using same addressing. I know this is possible but I can't do it.

I will be very thankfull bowing.gifbowing.gifbowing.gifbowing.gif
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You could try this NAT workaround. As that would be the only way around the issue that I know of.
  • Options
    steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you say you are connecting remotely, I take it that you do not have WAN links between both sites? How are you making the connection ?
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    digitheadsdigitheads Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it will never work for you like that. just change your local scope to 192.168.xxx.xxx and use anything BUT 192.168.10.xxx
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes it can work. You would need to use NAT. Please read the article a posted earlier.