Options

CISSP Study Plan for Sep 2015 Test

cwelbercwelber Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Group,

I'm planning on taking the CISSP on September 25th. I've been studying for the better part of a year, a few months with the new green study guide for the new test.

I downloaded and will review the sunflower.pdf.

I'm wondering what recommendations the group has, I feel like I'm at 60-65% and want to get up to the 80-90's to have confidence I can pass the test.

My thinking is what I need is a good test engine with lots of questions. Any recommendation for reasonably priced projects.

Many thanks to the forum Guru's

Comments

• Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would ditch the sunflower document for the Combined Notes. If you do a search, they should come up. I found them more useful than the Sunflower. For practice tests, I used the McGraw Hill website and the Total Tester software that came with the Shon Harris AIO study guide. There are plenty of questions between the two and the AIO book will serve as a great reference for your weak domains.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My experience with the CISSP was years and years ago, so things may have changed since then. When I walked out of the test I was very, very annoyed. I studied my arse off for months to get prepped and I think there may have been a dozen (max) technical questions on the exam. Every single other question was just experience- and knowledge-based. I had essentially wasted a TON of time memorizing random facts that were barely touched. I'm not saying you shouldn't memorize tons of facts, but it honestly didn't help me out much compared to just living and breathing infosec for a long time.
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi cwelber,

I think at this point you would benefit the most from practice tests. Do as many as possible, making sure to read the explanations behind incorrect choices. My favorite two:

1. McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

2. Transcender
    https://www.transcender.com/certprep/isc2/cissp.kap

Thanks,
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    My experience with the CISSP was years and years ago, so things may have changed since then. When I walked out of the test I was very, very annoyed. I studied my arse off for months to get prepped and I think there may have been a dozen (max) technical questions on the exam. Every single other question was just experience- and knowledge-based. I had essentially wasted a TON of time memorizing random facts that were barely touched. I'm not saying you shouldn't memorize tons of facts, but it honestly didn't help me out much compared to just living and breathing infosec for a long time.

The same holds true today. You would be wasting your time memorizing technical facts. It's a conceptual exam. There are things you can memorize, such as the OSI model and steps to processes, but I saw very few strictly technical memorization questions.
  • Options
    This is silly question I'm sure, but I can't find the combined notes download? Is it a thread of a PDF?

Thanks,
  • Options
    cwelber wrote: »
    This is silly question I'm sure, but I can't find the combined notes download? Is it a thread of a PDF?

Thanks,

Post #18 here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/113134-cissp-pass.html
  • Options
    The combined notes are so good, it brings tears to my eyes. TOTALLY AWESOME.
  • Options
    shillamusshillamus Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    www.scribd.com costs 9$ a month to read all the books. But they have some good resources for many certifications.

Maybe this will help??

https://www.scribd.com/book/235402779/CISSP-Exam-Prep-Questions-Answers-Explanations-1500-CISSP-Practice-Questions-with-Solutions