Options

Yet Another ICND2 Pass

Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just glad its over with at this point :) Thanks to TE and everyone here for the support.

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass brother! What study resources did you use?

Cheers!
  • Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Congrats.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    Thanks! I used Wendell Odoms 200-101 Guide, Todd Lammle CCNA Review guide, Packet Tracer for the labs and CBT Nuggets.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Michael-Michael- Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    w00t w00t - congrats!
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DPN1DPN1 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Brilliant news ! Well done:)
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!
    Can I ask you how hard was the FCNSA compared to the CCNA?
  • Options
    Alceo wrote: »
    Well done!
    Can I ask you how hard was the FCNSA compared to the CCNA?

The FCNSA was a walk in the park compared to the CCENT or CCNA exams. HOWEVER, that was 5 years ago when I took it- they may have changed it since. Back then you only needed a 60% to pass and there were only 30 or so questions. I believe Fortinet makes a great product but I only took that exam because our shop sold them almost exclusively.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    @Fulcrum45 - about how long did you study?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass Fulcrum45. What's next?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    cisco.senseicisco.sensei Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Fulcrum45! Looks like I need to get on this Odoms book after I finish Lammle. So you did not use any physical equipment?
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great pass, nice one dude!
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    @Fulcrum45 - about how long did you study?
    I started on the ICND1 back in Nov. but didn't really hunker down until March.
    For the ICND2 I studied my tail off between mid- May and mid- August, I think my wife forgot what I looked like.
    I knew nothing about EIGRP and Frame Relay after ICND1- hence the 3 month gap.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass Fulcrum45. What's next?

I'm thinking Security+ will be what I explore next. I guess ultimately I'd like to go for my CISSP down the road so this will be a good step in that direction....I think.
  • Options
    Congrats Fulcrum45! Looks like I need to get on this Odoms book after I finish Lammle. So you did not use any physical equipment?

I did use my lone 1800 series router to play around with TFTP file backups, show version readouts etc. But otherwise I had to use Packet Tracer for everything else. That made Frame Relay tough because as I mentioned before in another post I could not turn off Split Horizon thus killing any Multi-point/ Hub & Spoke designs.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    I did use my lone 1800 series router to play around with TFTP file backups, show version readouts etc. But otherwise I had to use Packet Tracer for everything else. That made Frame Relay tough because as I mentioned before in another post I could not turn off Split Horizon thus killing any Multi-point/ Hub & Spoke designs.

Ahh that makes sense. TFTP and Frame Relay are things I'm not too knowledgeable on, I study up on those things for my CCNA?
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Yeah, Frame Relay is huge in ICND2. The IOS files and manipulation thereof isn't as much so- but still good to know.

Thanks I'll hit FrameRelay hard.. I know this question gets asked all the time but any other concepts to really hit hard? I know subnetting his huge, I like getting as much input as possible :D
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In a general sense rather than memorizing information (like ICND1 and comptia) you should dig deeper and grasp the theory of things. ICND2 was a lot different test than what I was used to but it was a great experience and overall made me dig deeper as opposed to just getting it done. I hope MCSA and VCP are more theory than memorization but I have a feeling 70-410 is a lot of memorization after a week of study.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks I'll hit FrameRelay hard.. I know this question gets asked all the time but any other concepts to really hit hard? I know subnetting his huge, I like getting as much input as possible :D

EIGRP is another big one for ICND2. And when you combine FR and EIGRP, Split Horizon issues are an easy gotcha to avoid.
  • Options
    Okay, FrameRelay, EIGRP & Split Herizon.