Options

Technical Interview

doobudoobu Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
Heya everyone.

So, I took a leap and sent a resume into a local tech company. I scored a technical interview. Not exactly sure what that entails, considering I'm not being interviewed for any specific position. I'm not sure if it's a test to see if I'm viable/usable, or what.

Anyone here have any ideas or tips? I've been reading my Network+, remembering ton of crap I learned in high school just flooding back to me.

Mah brain hurts!

Comments

• Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Could be the basics computer stuff or how to setup servers. I've had a lot of questions brought up during interviews and most of them are pretty common in the IT world.

I would recommend understand the osi model and know how to troubleshoot problems step by step.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    iptables -F is a good command to always run

In a serious note though, just be yourself, look at them to the eyes, be on time, analyze what they ask and think before responding. Show what you know, dont BS yourself in responding stuff you dont know.
    It's better to tell them I know how to do this and that, but that particular task I dont know. Ask them questions, learn about their equipment, network, stuff, make them talk. Interviews should be both parties talking.

Is hard to recommend questions or data if we dont know the position. Wish you good luck.

LEEEEEROOOY!!!!
    meh
  • Options
    doobudoobu Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    iptables -F is a good command to always run

In a serious note though, just be yourself, look at them to the eyes, be on time, analyze what they ask and think before responding. Show what you know, dont BS yourself in responding stuff you dont know.
    It's better to tell them I know how to do this and that, but that particular task I dont know. Ask them questions, learn about their equipment, network, stuff, make them talk. Interviews should be both parties talking.

Is hard to recommend questions or data if we dont know the position. Wish you good luck.

LEEEEEROOOY!!!!

Haha, thank you both! I think it's more of a lower-level/ help desk type of job, but a bit higher level. I guess desktop support. They're a 12 man company so, I'd probably be doing more than just that.