Options

Route Summarization

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's not included in the CBT Nuggets and I cannot learn any type of math just by reading it.

Does anyone recommend a video lecture online on route summarization?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There's really nothing to it if you know binary. Write it out in binary and find the common bits.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This article is great at explaining what a summary route is, and how to calculate one.
  • Options
    Seriously, it's that easy?
    Oh dear lol.
    Thanks for that!
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Seriously, it's that easy?
    Oh dear lol.
    Thanks for that!

Well knowing block sizes and some keen observation is what it takes to tell the block size in less time. I hope you get it brother and if you have lammle's book try reading it...
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Yeah I have it, plus the Odom book given by WGU.
    If something doesn't make sense in the Odom book, I check Lammle's book. When that fails, I check youtube.
  • Options
    Good buddy just in case if you don't understand an example you can post it here so that people can provide the best way they figure out to summarize so you can adopt it and follow the same ..
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    I'm really leaning toward dropping out of the IT Security program and doing the B.S. in Information Technology instead.

I honestly feel as though I will not pass the CCNA. It's the only damn course I need. ICND1 and 2 and CCNA Security, some project management course and the Capstone
  • Options
    I'm really leaning toward dropping out of the IT Security program and doing the B.S. in Information Technology instead.

I honestly feel as though I will not pass the CCNA. It's the only damn course I need. ICND1 and 2 and CCNA Security, some project management course and the Capstone

Well its worth trying since you have already spent some time studying this so better proceed. You never know...
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with Nans. Don't give up, you may find ICND2 easier. How close are you to sitting for the ICND1 exam?
  • Options
    Only things I have left to go over:

IPv6
    ACLs
    NAT
  • Options
    Only things I have left to go over:

IPv6
    ACLs
    NAT

Almost there man. I just took a quick look at the blueprint and ACLs and NAT are under IP Services which are only 8% of the whole thing. You're closer than you think.
  • Options
    I know all the terminology, how a packet goes from one network to the intended recipient, I know how LANs work, I know the models and what protocols reside in each and I can distinguish what every protocol does, the difference between TCP and UDP, how every piece of hardware works.

I just get extremely anxious taking exams.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I'll pop open Boson and take the practice exam and see where I land with it. I need to work on OSPF and EIGRP though, setting it up, and work on the show commands to troubleshoot.

I can subnet like a beast and set up a network using VLSM, I can identify how many hosts/subnets you can get out of a network and mask, I can tell you what network a specific IP address resides in.
  • Options
    To be honest, I think subnetting is overrated for ICND1. Sure you need to know it, but I don't think it's as huge as people make it out to be. If you're where you say you are, don't even put one more minute into it. Also forget about EIGRP as that's in ICND2. OSPF you need to know cold.
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    To be honest, I think subnetting is overrated for ICND1. Sure you need to know it, but I don't think it's as huge as people make it out to be. If you're where you say you are, don't even put one more minute into it. Also forget about EIGRP as that's in ICND2. OSPF you need to know cold.

i'd say the easiest part is this ACL's IPv6 and NAT in this if someone can understand the wording properly and know proper subnetting. May be its overrated because it is used in every case brother. SInce i didn't take the exam i donno how much cisco stresses it. But except theory questions i guess every question has SUbnetting involved in my point.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jasiono, you've got this dude. I'm plodding along on the CCENT track and you know your stuff, get the exam nailed as soon as you get chance.

I know what you mean about tech exams, they make me nervous too. Never had a problem with exams for any other subject in my life though!
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement peeps.
    I've been killing it on the Boson exams. I'm just reading the questions slowly and understanding them before I make a selection. That's my biggest weakness.

I heard that the Bosom exams are a lot more difficult than the actual exam, which is why it has such success.

I will toss over screenshots of my Boson scores to my mentor and have her approve the exam and go take it.