Options

Working on my first resume, should I put my HS?

Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am putting together my Resume since I am A+ and will soon be Net+. I have a few questions and I am sure there will be more to come. First off as far as education besides HS I have two years at a state college as well as the computer school which I am currently attending. Since I went to a state college it is pretty much assumed that I graduated HS, therefore should I not bother putting it on my resume? Also instead of just writing A+, I put the official CompTIA logo, is this ok? I plan to do the same once I get Net+, I think it looks better to have the logos when you only have a few certs, where as once you get a lot it really just makes it look cluttered. And do I need to put my CompTIA career ID number on it as well so they can make sure I have the certs I say I do? That’s all for now, I am sure I will have more questions the more I work on it.

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Matt_Smi wrote:
    I am putting together my Resume since I am A+ and will soon be Net+. I have a few questions and I am sure there will be more to come. First off as far as education besides HS I have two years at a state college as well as the computer school which I am currently attending. Since I went to a state college it is pretty much assumed that I graduated HS, therefore should I not bother putting it on my resume? Also instead of just writing A+, I put the official CompTIA logo, is this ok? I plan to do the same once I get Net+, I think it looks better to have the logos when you only have a few certs, where as once you get a lot it really just makes it look cluttered. And do I need to put my CompTIA career ID number on it as well so they can make sure I have the certs I say I do? That’s all for now, I am sure I will have more questions the more I work on it.

I wouldn't put your HS on there. I also would not put my comptia # on there, if they need it you can provide it later. As far as the logos go that's just a personal preference.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    c-napc-nap Inactive Imported Users Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally I think when you put pictures, especially pictures as cheesy as the CompTia logo on your resume I think it looks, well...retarded. Just keep it with basic ASCII text (remember alot of these companies scan your resume and later use OCR software to do keyword searches on it) and put as much crap as you can that relates to your line of work on there. I put the high school I graduated from only because they offered the Cisco Networking Academy and I took 3 years of CCNA and CCNP curriculumn.
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would put High School on my resume in these two instances, especially if your somewhat new to the field:

1) You graduated with honors, very high GPA, Validictorian ect...

2) Your trying to fill out a page if your lacking in experience. A resume should be at least one full page with no white space at the bottom. Except for the margins of course! icon_wink.gif