Options

(ISC)² Security Congress

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
(ISC)² Security Congress will be in Anaheim next month and I am considering checking it out. For those who have attended before, what did you take away from the experience?
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Are you thinking about paying for the conference or just doing exhibits?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Exhibits and the ISSAP training previews.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    I don't know if it has changed but I did the exhibits a couple of years ago and it was basically a zillion booths for physical security stuff and then one tiny isc2 booth. Maybe a couple of InfoSec things sprinkled here and there, but nothing of value.

The coolest thing I saw. Was the Cisco Network Emergency Response Vehicle. Given that I am an amateur radio operator, IT guy, and Community Emergency Responder, it was the holy grail.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oh this year there will be a couple zillion physical security booths and a few more dedicated to computer (I hate the word 'cyber') security. Why because of the small turn out in the past the (ISC)2 will be merging the event with the 61st annual ASIS convention as well!

That's right! More booths dedicated to bollards that look like planters and keyless entry systems to enjoy!

-b/eads
  • Options
    The co-location with ASIS has been in place since the ISC2 Security Congress started in 2011.
  • Options
    MadSecuritySquirrelMadSecuritySquirrel Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last year was a pretty cool hands-on booth with Security Compass. You had to break in t a room and start a DDoS attack I think. The real goods are in all of the sessions and training they have, not the expo floor.