Options

CCENT bound!!!

MrsCeeBentonMrsCeeBenton Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am flipping the scripts on my life and I'm going into the world of Cisco networking. Coming from accounting and support field, so I'm brand new to this. I've viewed some introductory network + material for the past month and next I'll be taking classes this fall in preparation for the CCENT exam with the next step of finishing in the spring to become a CCNP. I am uber excited about the whole thing icon_cheers.gif and I'm looking forward to the journey. I think that's all I have to say right now. I'll be looking through the posts over time for anything my brain can absorb that will help me and I have anything use to share, I'll be doing that too. Good luck to all out there!

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Welcome!!!! icon_thumright.gif

Enjoy the ride man. I love mine, I go home and play in my lab each night. Some people play golf, some go to bars, some garden, I lab. :)

Best of luck to you!!!!

If you have questions or ideas, there are so many helpful people on here. Been here 2 years now and I've learned so much from here it's mind boggling!
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind welcome and the well wishes!
  • Options
    steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Feel free to post questions, this is a good community that I found a few months back!
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ummm..... obviously i don't know your background.... but, you may need to reevaluate your time-table.

Achieve your CCENT by December.
    Achieve your CCNA by Februay.
    Achieve your CCNP by April.

With no prior experience?
    Sounds a bit aggressive :]

Good luck nonetheless!
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, starting from zero to CCNP in under a year is a little bit unrealistic for someone with no experience. Maybe if you're doing it full time.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome aboard and good luck with your journey. There are loads of helpful folk on here to bounce ideas off and ask for help!
  • Options
    kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need the CCNA for the CCNP ?
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kenrin wrote: »
    You don't need the CCNA for the CCNP ?

The CCNA or CCIE is a requirement for the CCNP.
  • Options
    ... next I'll be taking classes this fall in preparation for the CCENT exam with the next step of finishing in the spring to become a CCNP. ...

LOL! My bad. That was supposed to say finishing up in the spring to become a "CCNA".... I was just so excited I got ahead of myself typing. I do however see myself in the future becoming a CCNP after gaining some good experience! icon_thumright.gif