Options

Testing Center Canceled my Test??

brfitzpbrfitzp Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
My ICND 100-101 test was scheduled for today at 12:45 EST. I got to the test center at 12:20 and they have a speaker to call into to be let into the building, the guy told me that all tests for today were canceled.

What do i do now? Do i have to wait until monday and call Pearson? I feel like they are going to try and say that i was a no show.

Also does anyone know if it would be a problem to take a test in another state? I want to reschedule right away for monday but i will be in Texas for work for a week. Would there be any problems trying to take the test there?

Comments

• Options
    verbhertzverbhertz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It doesn't matter what state you're in.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can log onto Pearson Vue and look for a testing center near where you are going to be. Go through the steps to schedule yourself for an exam, you can search for testing centers in that area. I would call Pearson and ask about your exam the testing center cancelled.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I'd be pissed.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I'd be pissed.

yea I was. I was all prepared to finally take this thing and I drove kind of far because it was the only test center around that had Saturday testing.

Im thinking I'll have to argue with Pearson now, the test center will probably just say I was a no show or something.

the place was in a bad area and they had a dial a code to get in buzzer,after 3 tries when I finally got them to answer they wouldn't even speak with me some guy just said "all exam cancel today" in broken English and hung up.
  • Options
    I hate Pearson. They better not double-charge you. Not to be notified that a test is cancelled after driving that distance and studying..ugh
  • Options
    Shoe BoxShoe Box Banned Posts: 118
    They should test you for FREE for this.
  • Options
    Shoe Box wrote: »
    They should test you for FREE for this.

I'm going to try to, I'll see what they say. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning to complain.
  • Options
    This morning i received an email from pearson with an incident number saying to call to reschedule, i guess the testing center that abandoned me reported that they had issues or something.

Pearson really is horrible, the first lady i got when i called today couldn't speak enough english to even understand my problem, after waiting 15 min on hold before speaking to someone and 15 minutes trying to get her to understand my case i gave up and told her i would be calling back later.

Called back, got someone a little better and he scheduled my test for today. Took the test and passed (973/1000).

So i'm happy but not with Pearson;

I used a ton of resources and studied for around 3 months,
    • CBT nuggets
    • INE Training videos
    • Todd Lammle CCENT book
    • CCENT exam cram book
    • Chris Bryant CCNA study guide vol 1
    • Boson Practice Exams
    • Pearson Simulator
    • and quite a bit of real world experience at work.
  • Options
    Glad you passed. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats brother!

We shall see the ICDN2 is a few months. :)

Here's a cold one on me! bowing.gif