Options

Passed SSCP this weekend

bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
It was easier than I expected. I would place the difficulty slightly higher than the Sec+, but lower than what I understand the CASP to cover. I've been studying for many months now for the CISSP, and if you consider the CISSP to be a mile wide and an inch deep then the SSCP is at least a half mile wide and several inches deep on the more technical side.

My study resources:
Cybrary CISSP course
Darril Gibson AIO book
TestOut Security Pro (I had this for a class I took earlier this summer)
Wikipedia (yep, I looked up the domains and followed links. Also used to get more info on specific protocols, devices, concepts, etc.)

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Agree on it being harder than sec+, I would also not give it the "basic" label that people here seem to.

I'm on for CISM next and CISSP after that and beleive that this was a good step to take and I'm glad I have it.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Michael-Michael- Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

I've been keeping tabs on the Gibson book on Amazon as the SSCP was updated (looks like this book gets released in October)

SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition: 9781259583070: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com

You used the old book to pass the SSCP? It doesn't look like CBT Nuggets or plural sight have updated their SSCP course to reflect the new exam either. I've been waiting on study resources to be updated to reflect exam changes before sitting the exam.

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Yep, I used the old Gibson book and the old Labsim Security Pro. I did use current CISSP materials and current Wikipedia articles, as well as a ton of random how-things-work articles on various security technologies from across the webs. There are a couple of good packets of study notes out there in pdf format that are awesome. I know there are links to some in other SSCP threads on the forums here if you search. I would recommend that you focus less on which books and more on feeling comfortable with all of the concepts in all of the domains, at least from a surface understanding of how the tech and concepts are interconnected.

Good luck!