Options

Stay with ccent or go Ccna collaboration

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello
I guess I just want to get some advice on which direction to go. First of all I have about 9 years nortel telecom experience and a lot of other IT tech support roles also. I work as a telecom network support tech. We work with phones and Cisco switches. I have my CCENT scheduled for later in Sept but I have been getting a lot of calls for jobs relating to unified communications roles. I have been so close to getting them and I have a recruiter trying to get me in a company right now. Should I just focus on that so that I can get in the door and pick up where I left off with my telecom skills. I feel that's the one missing piece for me. Should I get that and get into one of these roles and then build from there? I mean it's like I'm so close. It says there are no prerequisites for Ccna collaboration on the Cisco site. I'm not knocking routing and switching because I know it's good to have that but at the same time I feel with my telecom background and the level one network and telecom support on my current job that I will do fine.

Comments