Options

Professionalizing the Cloud security workforce - CCSP

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Go to Brighttalk and search for Professionalizing the Cloud security workforce. Four days ago the CEO of ISC2 and the CEO of CSA were discussing the CCSP certification, how it was created, evolved, who is it geared for, who should go for it etc. They mentioned the CCSP book will be available in November for those that are curious. According to the discussion the CCSK is the foundation for the CCSP. If you want to wet your feet start with that. They also brought up some good points. Cloud is the next big opportunity and the next big leap. There is already shortage in security professionals so if you want to get ahead go for the CCSP.
You also get 1 cpe for viewing the webinar so your 1 hour wont be wasted.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks cyber! I started using the Brighttalk app recently so couldn't provide the link.
  • Options
    ThunderHart8ThunderHart8 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So has anyone taken the Exam? Any feedback?
  • Options
    So has anyone taken the Exam? Any feedback?

I've seen 2 posts so far. They are here in the forum just search for them. One person passed it but they had experience with cloud environments, didn't provide much feedback if I recall correctly. The other person didn't clear it and said that the CCSP cbk was not very good and that they will try again. Seems like the study material is what is holding people off right now.

Did an analysis the other day just because I was curious. Here are the findings. There are ~103000 CISSP holders world wide and around ~100 CCSP holders world wide. Thats a ratio of 1000 CISSP's for 1 CCSP. If you take into consideration the status and longevity of the CISSP and go by that, I would expect a similar growth for the CCSP. Only time will tell though and the efforts of ISC2 to market the CCSP to the next generation of cloud implementors and IT people.