Options

Failed ICND1, have some questions.

xxhieixxxxhieixx Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had my test today and scored 709/1000. I'm actually pretty happy...I was worried I'd completely bomb the test. Anyway my test results are all pretty much in the middle with the exception of subnetting. I'm in the cisco academy classes, took the first 2 last semester and finishing up this semester. I was wondering if the last 2 cisco classes would help me learn icnd1 more? I really wanted my CCENT before I graduated and with school starting tomorrow I'm worried I won't have the time to study icnd1 more. I'm actually not even sure what exactly to study. Here are my results

Operation of IP Data Networks: 33%
LAN Switching Technologies: 64%
IP Addressing of IPv4 and IPv6: 83%
IP Routing Technologies: 64%
IP Services: 50%
Network Device Security: 38%
Troubleshooting: 57%

I apparently need to restudy everything (lol) but I'm not sure what. I did buy Lammle's book and went through that a bit. There were only a few questions that I couldn't remember and guessed on...I felt I did pretty good on OSPF and the simlets but I guess I didn't? Should I completely reread Lammle's book? Will my last 2 cisco classes help at all with this stuff, should I wait to study again during my break or when I finish school? I was hoping to start applying to jobs as quickly as possible but if that has to get delayed then it gets delayed =/

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that, hope you get it next time. If you've already read Lammle I would try reading Odom this time around. Also what did you do for hands-on practice/labbing?
  • Options
    I'll look into Odom, I see his book mentioned a lot more then Lammle. I'm in the cisco academy and did labs 2 days a week for 2-3 hours for 16 weeks. I used the physical mostly, other times I used packet tracer. I thought I did pretty well in troubleshooting but I guess not lol. The simlets seemed pretty easy, I was able to look at what was configured but I must have answered some questions wrong there.
  • Options
    rjon17469rjon17469 Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    xxhieixx wrote: »
    I apparently need to restudy everything but I'm not sure what

It sounds like you're in the category of not knowing what you don't know. I think if you dig back into it you'll start to get some light bulb moments where everything will start making sense.

Your score on operation of IP data networks is a good place to start.
  • Options
    rjon17469 wrote: »
    It sounds like you're in the category of not knowing what you don't know.
    This is exactly me lol. I'm pretty sure I missed two banner motd questions that I looked up afterwards. Now I need to figure out if I even have time to restudy all of this >< Has anyone taken the cisco academy classes? Will the ICND2 classes help me at all with this test?
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    I am sorry to hear that you failed, but as great minds said It is the first step of success. You can do it....

Well for banner topics those are the basic commands and i think there is not much to do with ICND2. ICND2 is more about STP (Moreeeeeeeeeee confusion :P ) ,EIGRP ,Multi Area OSPF, WAN (Trust me its a head stumper) and troubleshooting ( YOu will feel to shoot others while you trouble shoot :D just kidding brother).

I have an exam scheduled too. all the best with your studies ..Keep networking..
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll have to find some time to study for ICND1 again. I guess I'll try and study both...if it gets to be too much I'll have to wait until next semester when I'm done with Cisco. I might try and track down my teacher tomorrow or ask my new one for some help.

Good luck Nans! Hope you get it :)