Options

Scheduled CISSP for 9/4

dzh01dzh01 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have about a year experience in web dev, and four years in networking engineering. I'm curretnyl working as a Security Analyst and my employer is requiring me to get my CISSP. I've been studying non-stop since about June I've used the following resources:

Books
CISSP All In one guide, 6th edition, Shon Harris
CISSP eleventh hour, 2nd edition by Eric Conrad
CBK Cissp , 4th edition

Videos
CISSP course on Cybrary.it
CBT Nuggets

Web Training
Software Development Security on Pluralsight

So far I've done about 2000 questions on CCcure's test engine my main weakness is Security Operations, I can't seem to get the Bell-LaPadua, Biba, and Clark-Wilson models down. Also Orange Book is very difficult to memorize does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guess there's no way around but to memorize, i think one of the keys is remember that star (*) property is WRITE and simple is READ

Bell-Lapadulla (no READ UP, no WRITE DOWN) concerned with CONFIDENTIALITY
    BIBA (no WRITE UP, no READ DOWN) concerned with INTEGRITY
    Clark-Wilson (Access Triple) concerned with all CIA, subjects have to use an APPLICATION to access

I guess for the Orange Book, memorize that it's also called TCSEC, has 4 assurance levels A-D

- clear as mud right ... good luck and hope to read your 'PASSED' post soon... you're almost there icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    kandurisrikanth09kandurisrikanth09 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also.. If its Axiom -> Its always Biba.

All the Best :)
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had some trouble with memorizing these as well, don't give up, and just remember it's only a real small portion of the exam.

If I were you I would throw some Transcender question in the mix
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't see a single Orange book question when I took the exam, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you have a good grasp on everything else and the stuff you listed are your only weak areas, you are in good shape. Use the TotalTester software that came with the AIO.
  • Options
    tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dzh01 wrote: »
    So far I've done about 2000 questions on CCcure's test engine my main weakness is Security Operations, I can't seem to get the Bell-LaPadua, Biba, and Clark-Wilson models down. Also Orange Book is very difficult to memorize does anyone have any helpful suggestions?
    I would recommend that you create a flashcard for areas you are weak in. Good luck in your upcoming exam.
  • Options
    dzh01dzh01 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE:

Passed today! I was so sure I was going to fail, but that last minute re-reading of AIO BCP, DRP was extremely helpful. I was expecting the test to be much more technical. I answered most of the questions as I was wondering what my Director would do in each case and I guess it turned out well! Good luck to everyone else out there! I feel so free and I can again spend time with my family
  • Options
    kandurisrikanth09kandurisrikanth09 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on Pass :). Enjoy with Family.
  • Options
    sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Super !!!!!!

Waiting for full post :)
  • Options
    Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dzh01 on the pass.
  • Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice.. congrats and a job well done
  • Options
    freedom777freedom777 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□