Whats the future of Security

umesh_345umesh_345 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys ,

I have few quetions regarding security ?

1> Whats the future will be ?

2> Would Security person gets high pay ?

3> I am CEH and looking for CISSP

but most of the job offers include about cisco certs?

SO guys what i should do ?

Does i have to also fall into cisco cert ?

or what after CISSP and CEH

Is cissp is good to earn ? or i must have to fall into cisco

If yes then which certs in cisco is good to get for getting good salary ?

I want only security certs ?

Please help me

Thanks

Comments

• seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    the cissp has been and probably will continue to be one of if not the top sought after security cert.

but on a similar note a good cisco background has never hurt anyone

but the C|EH alone will probably not get you hired anywhere.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try getting experience IT before trying to secure systems. How do you expect to secure systems if you don't know how to implement, support, administer them?

Start from the bottom, CCNA, MCP etc. then look at security. No one will hire a CISSP with not actual IT experience or any other certs. Expect to spend a minimum of 5 years in low to medium pay jobs before even looking at security
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    actually to get cissp certified you must be able to prove 5 yrs full time security experience
  • umesh_345umesh_345 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So guys ,

Now I want to switch to security company, Where I should apply, I mean I know only with CEH its difficult to get job. But now i really wants to go in Security company.

I am doing job in new small starting company. Where i look everthing of networking LAN , PCS etc also securing , updating the systems.

Now other than I have 7 months of experience in this comapny. But now i wanted to join security company.

So whats I can include in my resume ? can anyone provide me the security resume ?

ALso what i can include in that?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Information security is not only about computer security. You can look at a career in risk management, security requirements engineering, systems security testing, operations (physical) security, business continuity planning, or managing legal and ethical issues that pertain to information security.

You need to find the area of learning that interests you the most and choose that for your career. Just to say "I want a career in security" is too broad of a goal. You need to narrow it down to a specific area of information security.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    Information security is not only about computer security. You can look at a career in risk management, security requirements engineering, systems security testing, operations (physical) security, business continuity planning, or managing legal and ethical issues that pertain to information security.

You need to find the area of learning that interests you the most and choose that for your career. Just to say "I want a career in security" is too broad of a goal. You need to narrow it down to a specific area of information security.

JD is exactly right. I know several CISSP's who has minimal to almost no background in networking and sys admin work. You have to look at the ten CBK domains covered by the CISSP and realize that having the years experience requirement in either one of them qualifies one to sit for the exam. Now passing it is an entirely different story. icon_wink.gif