Options

Attempting to reenter the job market after a lengthy illness….extremely discouraged!

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Isn't it crazy how that works out?
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad opportunities are lining up for you!
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome news. I hope you are feeling better. It's most excellent to read that you have some offers on the table. It must be a huge relief. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fantastic news man! Glad to see things are coming together for you.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's awesome news to hear!! Look forward to hearing which you choose. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    theitprotheitpro Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Glad to hear things are looking bright.
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very cool to hear. Glad things are turning around for you. With 4 offers on the table though and as many certs as you have, I'll be you can negotiate up to $90k if you wanted. But it will be good to be working regardless.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    FritzGFritzG Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

New to forum and just finished reading this thread.

What a story ... Thanks for sharing it as it certainly will help me (dealing with an employment gap situation too) to learn from your experiences.

Not that it matters anymore but my experience and opinion of Austin as a city is that it stinks. lol Unfriendly, obnoxious and living in its own sarcastic reality unless you fit into "their" mold. However, I know this is a generalization and just a personal prejudice/opinion. Its just that I know I would never live or work there willingly and your experience job searching there just sealed the deal even further.

Anyway, I agree with others that based on your experience, extensive list of certifications and educational progress, you are probably still not getting what you are worth ... yet. I hope your medical situation improves and that one of those four offers comes through for you. Good luck.

Fritz
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fantastic news! Can't wait to see the update this evening!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Excellent!!!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome news! Looking forward to seeing what great news you have tonight!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome! I've been following this thread for a while now. Glad to hear it has a happy ending.
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    This is awesome. I sent you a PM but just finished reading up to the point you got several job offers. Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    I'm taking a short break from the studying and have just read this thread from the beginning. So glad this has worked out for you in the end. I am so surprised it has taken such a struggle. Look at the experience and certifications ! If I was recruiting manager looking at the certs alone would have guaranteed an interview and unless something pretty serious cropped up in the interview the job would have been guaranteed too and of a high salary. Crikey I'm struggling just to get 70-687 !!!
  • Options
    atl_libraatl_libra Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey srabiee

Are you in the DFW area already? Dallas VMUG is having their User conference September 29th. Great networking opportunity.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    greats news brah! I hope everything turns out for the best.
    Let us know how it goes
    meh
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Update: Made my final decision yesterday afternoon. The medium-sized mortgage company countered with $84K + benefits + 10% annual bonus. That brought my total compensation to $92,400 + benefits. The other counters topped at about $80K, so this particular company made the decision quite easy. It's in a good location, surrounded by very wealthy suburbs. I start on Oct. 5.

Now it's time for my wife and I to find a house or apartment to rent. And we have less than 2 weeks to do so.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woohoo! Congratulations, man! Happy for you and the family!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats man! Happy to hear this.
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow nice starting package. Congrats again.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!!!!! GJ and GL.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    The hardest part is out of the way. Hard work and perseverance prevails. Congratulations and hope you get enjoy some seriously deserved relaxation soon.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Excellent!!!icon_cheers.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! You definitely deserve it!
  • Options
    Matt2Matt2 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been observing your thread. A huge congratulations to landing the job! I hope the move is uneventful and the ramp up on the job is lots of fun.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys. I contacted a realtor in this area and she is scouting out properties now. My wife is 90% done packing back in WV. They are loading up the truck and driving down as soon as I give the word. Things are finally falling into place. We are still very stressed, but in a positive way at this point.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Awesome to hear and congrats on the new job! Good luck on your new adventure in Texas.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job! So happy things worked out for you!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow! Congratulations! Very exciting!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me