Options

Opportunities for recent IT graduates that lack experience.

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
A lot of new IT graduate come here asking the simple question how to make that first step in the real IT world without experience. Below is your opportunity. The positions exist in various IT areas. Submit your forms and takr advantage of it. Not to mention Fidelity is one of the greatest financial companies and will look great in any resume.

Leap: A Technology Program
Leap is Fidelity Investments' exciting training and development program for new IT graduates. The program is designed to accelerate the development of recent IT graduates to become best-in-class IT professionals. Participants in Leap will experience an enriched on-boarding process followed by specific technology, business and professional skills training. The training promises to challenge and excite participants with responsibility and visibility. Upon completion of the program, participants are placed in dynamic, full-time roles across Fidelity's diverse technology organization.

Opportunities exist in Raleigh/Durham, NC, Westlake/Irving, TX, New England, Convington, KY, Salt Lake City, UT and New York/New Jersey.

Leap Technical Development Tracks Overview

The program offers six functional paths to choose from: Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance, Data Engineering, Mainframe Development and Technology Infrastructure and Engineering (TIE). Upon completion of the program, you will be placed in a dynamic role within Fidelity’s diverse technology organization. Click on a track below to learn more.

http://leap.fidelitycareers.com

Comments

• Options
    kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see lots of opportunities for recent college graduates all over the place. What about the people that graduated during the recession who are now underemployed? I'd be more interested in that.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use the experience and certs to climb the ladder. I realize it's more complicated then that but it's a generalization.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm doing it brother, quite hard to afford the certs and books (and if i wanted to take an actual course, god forbid I'd feel like it was another student loan). I can't even afford a one bedroom apartment in the city I work in (or the surrounding cities). Don't worry though, I plan to have another four certs within a year. All paid for by myself.

I saw a sign at the local gas station saying they were hiring assist managers for about 15k more than I make as a NOC tech, very tempted...
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm kind of in the same boat, trying to move on from my first IT job but it's giving me great experience so not desperate to reduce my responsibilities for higher pay. Some companies severely undervalue IT unfortunately.

What certs are you targeting? While my certs list is getting long (because of WGU) I think targetting a few key certs are more important then getting a bunch of them, it's also a lot less work and money. Another thing is certify your experience, you're in networking so are you pursuing or have CCNA R&S, CCNP, Juniper Junos? I'd say routing and switching certs are the easiest way to move up in the networking world, then you can drift into voice, cloud, security, etc. once you are where you want to be.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)